Notes not showing

Hi,
The current version of Evernote seems to be extremely buggy. Very often the notes are simply not showing in the sidebar when I click a tag or a notebook. Sometimes they appear over the reminders field. See attached screenshot. Does anyone else experience this? Are there any solutions to it?

Thanks,
Kenneth

Screenshot 2017-10-26 22.51.11.png

And so, after updating today there is little reason for optimism. See attached screenshot.

I wonder if the Evernote developers (and CEO?) is aware that they have an expensive product that is NOT WORKING?

Screenshot 2017-11-03 09.34.31.png

I'm using Evernote version 6.13 on a Mac and I'm experiencing the same problem. The notes list either doesn't appear in Side List View or Top List View, or the display gets all crunched up with the reminders just like in the screenshots in the other posts in this thread. When I switch from one view to the other, everything works correctly again. However, only until I switch to another notebook, then the notes disappear again or the display gets messed up again with the reminders.

I recently completely uninstalled and re-installed Evernote, but that did nothing to resolve the issue.

I hope Evernote can fix this bug soon.

• 3 weeks later...

This is getting ridiculous.  It's been about two months, and this serious note display issue still has not been fixed.  I understand that pretty much all software will have bugs at one point or another, but a serious bug of this sort should be a top priority.  It's really annoying to encounter it practically every time I use the desktop app.  It cannot possibly take more than a few hours to track down and fix this sort of rendering bug.  Two months and going is _way_ too long!

That's disappointing: I've just updated to the newest release today in the hope that this issue was finally fixed.  I was wrong.  Whenever I switch to a notebook or search that returns an empty list and then switch back to one containing notes, the displayed note list will appear empty though the note count above it shows the correct number.

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, markusm73 said:

That's disappointing: I've just updated to the newest release today in the hope

It's a good idea to review the release post to see what issues are being addressed, and changes being made.  Also, the feedback let's you know of any bugs encountered

The discussion for v6.13.1 is linked here

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free. Nikos Kazantzakis

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Axbax said:

Ok, that's it, I have no more patience with Evernote. It just doesn't work on Mac. I'm going to ask for a refund of my recent premium purchase...

Good idea! I'm currently a free user, but if I was a paying customer I would be asking for a refund as well. It's been over 2 months and this bug still hasn't been fixed. Maybe if enough people start cancelling their subscriptions the developers will wake up and start prioritizing actual bug fixes over "UI enhancements". 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a new macbook pro 13" w/ touchbar, and installed evernote, and noticed that my notes from 2015 to present are not showing up! I hadn't noticed this problem on my old macbook pro. If this is a bug, I hope it's fixed soon, otherwise I'm switching to notability. I used to love evernote! 

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, ADDBounceyball said:

I just got a new macbook pro 13" w/ touchbar, and installed evernote, and noticed that my notes from 2015 to present are not showing up! I hadn't noticed this problem on my old macbook pro. If this is a bug, I hope it's fixed soon, otherwise I'm switching to notability. I used to love evernote! 

Hi.  What's your OS and Evernote version?  Can you see your notes if you sign in to Evernote.com?

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, ADDBounceyball said:

You can force a full resync of your notes by  Hold the **Shift** and **Option** keys on your keyboard and click the sync wheel

On 12/27/2017 at 5:19 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  What's your OS and Evernote version?  Can you see your notes if you sign in to Evernote.com?

I'm running OSX 10.13.2 and Evernote 6.13.1 (which is the most updated version available in the app store) and yes I see my notes when I log on to Evernote.com. (I also see my notes fine on my 2 ipads and my iphone 7) 

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
On 04/02/2018 at 6:43 PM, MV12 said:

Hi I am experiencing the same problem here on my mac - notes suddenly disappear in the note sidebar. please can someone advise on how to resolve as difficult to work without it.

Hi.  See comments above...

• 1 month later...

I have previously had luck with the website version of Evernote, which, unlike the App Store version, didn't suffer from the "empty note list" problem described above.  But the most recent website version (7.0.3) now also suffers from this problem again.

1 hour ago, markusm73 said:

I have previously had luck with the website version of Evernote, which, unlike the App Store version, didn't suffer from the "empty note list" problem described above.  But the most recent website version (7.0.3) now also suffers from this problem again.

The note list has been broken for over a month now. No fix, no updates, no nothing. 

I just started using Evernote, inspired by Tiago Forte. I was entering notebooks, but noticed the notices would appear sometimes and not others. It is not a indexing issue as they do appear in 'All notes' and sometimes in (for example) 'Projects - GTD style'. It seems to be a glitch in the software. I have to say I am amazed that such a well know piece of software on version 7 could have a glitch at this basic level of functionality. I have read the comments (not all) and I really don't want to get under the hood. 

Is there an update due to fix this. If not, how do we get our money back?

Thanks.

Simon

Screenshot 2018-03-22 20.53.53.png

Screenshot 2018-03-22 20.53.41.png

• 4 weeks later...

I have this issue as well. On April 11 I installed Mac version 7.1. The problem persists.

Interestingly, when I click in various places in the "invisible" list, different notes comes up. So the notes are there, if you will. They just aren't being displayed.

Has there been any word from Evernote on when this will be fixed? Coincidently, my credit card was billed for my annual Premium membership on the same day I upgraded to 7.1, which makes this even more frustrating.

I'm also having the problem others have with some search results being highlighted, others not. For me, that's an even bigger issue, but one for another thread.

I am on Mac(Evernote 7.1) and I am having the same issue ... I typically click on a tag to look at notes that are tagged with specific tag and start hacking away at the list ... However this is not possible since when I click on the tag name directly it does not show the list. One work around is to click on the notebook and then click on the tag which should show up only the notes that are tagged with specific tag name ... let me know if you find any other workarounds.

The issue of notes not showing up when I click on tag occurs only on top list view(menu option VIew->Top List View) - I switched to Side list view and all the notes appear without any issues ... this is quite an acceptable workaround for me to be able to continue using the software productively. 

In the end it resolved on my Evernote. I reindexed, that might have helped. But I think part of it was from being a new Evernote user. I am sure the problem is happening to many season EN users - but in my case once I got used to EN it seemed to sort itself out. 

Sorry to be so vauge!!

• 4 months later...
On 4/22/2018 at 11:12 PM, Srinivas Ande said:

2 options

1. do not use top list view

2. If you need to use it then select notebook to view all notes and then click on a tag name(get's quite cumbersome since for each tag you need to repeat this exercise)

Unfortunately, I only use side list view and the problem has been happening for me for over a year (now on Version 7.5, Premium subscription).

Disappearing reminders were annoying enough on OS High Sierra, but after updating to OS Mojave I'm also getting black bars when scrolling.

Someone suggested setting Reduce Transparency to unchecked in the Accessibility preferences, but that requires me to also uncheck "Increased Contrast", which I prefer.

I find it amazing that disappearing Reminders still hasn't been fixed after such a long time - what am I paying for???

155764765_Screenshot2018-09-30at09_47_23.thumb.png.e0a4f12444b4aa4f2960599854c16da4.png

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Randall v. said:

what am I paying for???

Access to Evernote's email support so they can assist you with this issue - and maybe in the process get some additional information about what's causing the problem in the first place?

Not to mention 10GB per month storage and a searchable database.  Evernote is not a good platform for reminders at the best of times.  Almost all to-do apps do a better job of providing multiple reminders / calendar views.  I use TickTick alongside Evernote - dates and priorities in TickTick linked to working notes in Evernote.

Archived