Evernote for Mac 6.13 Beta 5

Adjusting

Idea

• Level 5

Hi 

Today we're announcing 6.13 Beta 5. Get it here or check for updates in your app. This release fixes a few issues including:

• an issue where users with a plus sign in their email address couldn't log in with Single Sign On.
  • an issue where a business user couldn't access a note shared from a business and personal account.

Please let us know if you spot anything else critical. 

Thanks,

Justin and the rest of the Mac team

--------------

6.13 and app updates going forwards will be supported on OS X El Capitan (10.11) and above

Improved

• Sharing: consolidated share options under the "Share" button in Evernote. Share a note, choose to create a public link or modify share permissions all from one place. 
  • Navigation and Commanding UI: we've made some adjustments to provide more space for your content using a narrower toolbar, and making some tweaks to the sidebar to improve legibility. We've also improved the Move Note dialog to make it even faster to move a note across accounts by listing all notebooks from both your business and personal accounts directly in the dialog. 

Fixed
We fixed many issues in this release, here are some of the notable issues addressed. 

• Fixed an issue where notebooks are sometimes duplicated on upgrade
  • Fixed several crashes including intermittent issues around moving notes, app launch, and on PDF annotation
  • Fixed an issue where the Evernote app window sometimes appears black when in full screen mode

--------------

Screenshots

Simplified user interface with a more minimal toolbar 

image.png.8c85b061a5c2a36a91701cb7163731

Improved sharing dialog 

image.png.e8573c965e87d3794a9fba51cc21e9

15 replies to this idea

12 hours ago, luckman212 said:

Wow, the QA Lead!

qa_lead.png.eda48808b9adbb9b907096fefd84d08e.png

What happened to Chantal? Maybe now some bugs will be fixed. I'm sad but not at all surprised that the ones I've been reporting for months seem to all still be there. Here they are again:

...And here's another one

codeblock1.png.40dc2d0034ac389e7a0c21f2083ee874.png

codeblock2.png.4353181daf1e196b89267e5de01a6bd6.png

A new bug was filed for the Code Block issue - as for your first question - it's called a vacation 

nice change on the "move note to another notebook" field to include all the accounts.. thats partly addressing the issue of ease of filing with separation of business and private.

Ability to search through all accounts business and private to find a notebook by typing in the name when you are going to file a note is terrific and restores usability that was lost on the split. The note and word search has improved but is still a bit clunky (oh oh not in business, i'll now have to select private and vice versa) Could you at least provide a hint that the searched item is not in the current account but exists in the other account with the number of hits perhaps as an intermediate step?  

Also please add back the option "4 most recent notebooks" (under perhaps a separate tab) and you will really be adding back functionality to a heavy filer of notes

Thanks

Tim

Does this version have grid view? Also,  As stated in older beta thread “Please be very careful with what you are doing with Simplify formatting.  I need to use that with about 50-60% of all web clips I do, so please don't break it or make it less capable.   Why change it?”

I use the launcher app in the ios widget center on my iphone. In the widget’s section  I have templates that will email into specific Evernote notebooks. The text that I emailed in will not “copy” after selecting it within OSX without simplifying the formatting first. Anyone know why this would be as it’s just text?

• Level 5
20 hours ago, Jason Miller said:

A new bug was filed for the Code Block issue - as for your first question - it's called a vacation 

Here's another bug to add to the code block list. I come across this one a lot.  Some text in the block gets mysteriously turned into a blue URL link:

before.png.3d98603eec713246f5d5d2b3c593ccb4.png

I don't want this, so I select it and choose ⌘⇧K (Remove link) — here's what happens, the font becomes Arial.

after.png.7cdba35ec0c45a5bcc0425d85b73ceec.png

7 hours ago, luckman212 said:

Here's another bug to add to the code block list. I come across this one a lot.  Some text in the block gets mysteriously turned into a blue URL link:

before.png.3d98603eec713246f5d5d2b3c593ccb4.png

I don't want this, so I select it and choose ⌘⇧K (Remove link) — here's what happens, the font becomes Arial.

after.png.7cdba35ec0c45a5bcc0425d85b73ceec.png

Opened a new bug for this

• Level 5*

Is anyone having problems seeing reminder notes at the top of a note list (list view) with beta 5? I see mostly a blank area where the reminders should be except for a jumbled mess of text at the top, not of which is clickable to find the reminder note I need.

• Level 5*

Also getting an error when adding a tag to any note. My notes too, not shared notes from someone else.

"Only tags that are in this notebook can be added to this note"

It pops up twice, and when I press OK to both, it adds the tag, so it isn't preventing adding of tags, but it is annoying and the error is wrong anyway.

• Level 5
On 10/29/2017 at 5:36 PM, EdH said:

I see mostly a blank area where the reminders should be except for a jumbled mess of text at the top, not of which is clickable to find the reminder note I need.

I can't reproduce this. Do you have a screenshot?

On 10/29/2017 at 5:49 PM, EdH said:

Also getting an error when adding a tag to any note. My notes too, not shared notes from someone else.

"Only tags that are in this notebook can be added to this note"

I can't reproduce this either. Is this only happening for notes in a specific notebook, or for all notes?

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Adjusting said:

I can't reproduce this. Do you have a screenshot?

I can't reproduce this either. Is this only happening for notes in a specific notebook, or for all notes?

Now I cannot repro either. I had logged off and back on my Mac profile. so that essentially restarted Evernote. Maybe something glitchy immediately after the upgrade. I'll screenshot should it arise again.

On 26/10/2017 at 6:28 PM, divi said:

Since a few weeks, Evernote is unable to include note title and header when printing a note. Currently, I use Evernote 6.13 Beta 5 (455665 direct). Do you have a solution for this problem?

A further few weeks after this post reporting the title printing problem and it still appears to be present. Version 6.13 (455674 App Store). It's quite an annoying basic error (same with PDF printing too) so a fix would be welcomed.

Archived