enable handwriting in annotate pdfs

lucy098

Idea

I'm a researcher and I spend a lot of time reading and annotating papers with my thoughts and comments. I'm trying to use evernote to save on printing them out and also to keep them all together. When I use upad or penultimate with my stylus, I can free handwrite on the pdf. However, when I annotate a pdf in evernote with a stylus, the programme "smooths" the line I draw making it difficult to handwrite. Further, if I handwrite I often will double tap the screen in the process of writing a word, meaning that the previous stroke of the pen is selected for deletion (try handwriting t, or h, in annotation mode). In order to continue writing I have to tap somewhere else on the screen mid word or letter and then go back to it, which slows me down and makes annotation unusuable. Can evernote fix this by having a handwrite annotation option on pdf annotation? This is vital if I'm going to write comments on a pdf, I don't want to type as I find doing so on an ipad slow and unweildy. Further small point - when I open a pdf to annotate, the "arrow" is the default annotation tool, to save time, it would be better if evernote remembered the last tool you were using and opened with this onel.

I note this has been an ongoing problem since 2014 for researchers trying to use evernote, and will push people onto other platforms:

1 reply to this idea

I'm in the same boat and it's becoming a deal-breaker for me.  I just decided to try Evernote again after leaving for OneNote and not 5 hours into using it I"m already regretting the decision.  I see this as a core function and I can't believe they still haven't added it!

Archived