.mhtml support, ultimate container?

Meruem

Idea

I played with Chrome .mhtml (may need to enable it in chrome://flags) and chrome extension Save to Google Drive (enable .mht in options). This single file container seems to be the holy grail of container types. It may have some bugs on some websites. But it seems to perfectly archive a web page as a 100% point-in-time copy, using a single container file "<file name>.mhtml". Evernote support using .mhtml technology would be great to have and could be a great source document for later post processing

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

The Evernote Windows client does support export to .mht (Web Archive) format. I don't believe that you can import .mht files into Evernote, though. You can use them as attachments.

Ya I was hoping that the clipper could clip to a .mhtml file which then evernote clients would read/render/display to the user. Right now , clipping web pages seems to be hit or miss on render accuracy, with a wide range between unreadable to pretty accurate. I was thinking .mhtml clipping could bring that range to near 100% accurate replica of the clipped web page, almost 100% of the time (barring bugs)

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Meruem said:

Ya I was hoping that the clipper could clip to a .mhtml file which then evernote clients would read/render/display to the user. Right now , clipping web pages seems to be hit or miss on render accuracy, with a wide range between unreadable to pretty accurate. I was thinking .mhtml clipping could bring that range to near 100% accurate replica of the clipped web page, almost 100% of the time (barring bugs)

Evernote can only display Evernote format (https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enml.php) content to the user. ENML is close to HTML (actually XHTML), but doesn't accept all elements.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Meruem said:

Right now , clipping web pages seems to be hit or miss on render accuracy, with a wide range between unreadable to pretty accurate. I was thinking .mhtml clipping could bring that range to near 100% accurate replica of the clipped web page, almost 100% of the time (barring bugs)

I aslo noted differences when Evernote displays some of my web data.
I think that will always be a factor, unless you display your data in the native web browser app
Even if Evernote converted to the .mhtml format, it will never incorporate all the features of your Chrome browser. Some of these features might not even be possible on all platforms

Archived