Evernote for iOS 8.5 Released

Justin Street

Idea

Hi there,

Version 8.5 of Evernote for iOS is available in the App Store. You can download it here

This version contains bug fixes and performance improvements for many of the issues reported here and through our support channels.

This version includes:

Changes to Notebook navigation
Notebooks are now accessible by

• Tapping back button
  • Swiping from the left 

You can enable/disable recent notebooks in Account > Settings > Notebooks

Misc bug fixes and perf improvements

Thanks for using Evernote and the continued feedback!

22 replies to this idea

Em 22/10/2017 at 17:03, DTLow disse:

Bug Report: What happened to the back/forward arrows when referencing a series of notes?  They seem to be overlayed with the expand icon

Congratulations. I have the same problem. I do not know why they did it. The back button needs to return. I have several notes with note link. The moment I click on the link, before Evernote comes back. Not anymore. This breaks productivity. Terrible update! I'm with you!

photo5154615884197767104.jpg

photo5154615884197767105.jpg

On 10/26/2017 at 8:55 AM, pgdahl said:

Thanks. Now, go do the same with Recent Notes in the Shortcut settings. Please.

It's pointless, ridiculous, and most of all irritatingly intrusive. I hate the feature so much, I had to downgrade to 7.7 on my iPhone to continue to use it with Evernote.

I love that feature and use it a lot. Just goes to show you how we use Evernote differently. 

That said, I still miss the back arrow and hope you are able to bring it back. Equally, I have noticed that Evernote isn’t the only app that disappeared the back button so I have to wonder if that change is something iOS 11 is causing apps to do.

• Level 5*
On 2017-10-20 at 10:50 AM, HerbyDE said:

I'm still waiting for drag'n drop #iOS11 #iPad ... (I know: a little bit with graphics is possible ...)

See version 8.6 for drag'n drop 

On the latest ios version in the app store  the back button is still disappearing in favor of the expand button (10.5" iPad). This disrupts workflow quite a bit if you use note links. Please add this back ... soon?

Edit.. Refreshed app store and looks like that issue is fixed and drag n drop support!

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, CrispyCris said:

Is it worth the trouble? 

For me, I'm not seeing any new features in this upgrade that make it "worth the trouble" and risk

There were unspecified "Misc bug fixes and perf improvements", but I wasn't experiencing serious problems with the previous version

Hi everyone,

So, how is the new version? (Besides the couple of bugs reported already).

I'm still on v.8.4 and am really afraid of moving to this new update. Unfortunately, I cannot come myself to believe the updates right after its release anymore. 

Again, a new feature was introduced, right? This whole "Notebook" change is what it's holding me back from updating, actually. Is it worth the trouble? 

On 26.10.2017 at 1:34 AM, mavt88 said:

Congratulations. I have the same problem. I do not know why they did it. The back button needs to return. I have several notes with note link. The moment I click on the link, before Evernote comes back. Not anymore. This breaks productivity. Terrible update! I'm with you!

photo5154615884197767104.jpg

photo5154615884197767105.jpg

it‘s just a UI bug - the back button is there, you can see it for a second - then overlapped by the full size (expand) button - what a nightmare

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, pgdahl said:

It's pointless, ridiculous, and most of all irritatingly intrusive. I hate the feature so much, I had to downgrade to 7.7 on my iPhone to continue to use it with Evernote.

Gotta say the recent notes functionality comes in handy is something I use quite a bit.  But hey, if it bothers some THAT much, an option to turn it off makes sense.

On 19/10/2017 at 8:08 PM, Justin Street said:

You can enable/disable recent notebooks in Account > Settings > Notebooks

Em 19/10/2017 at 15:08, Justin Street disse:

Hi there,

Version 8.5 of Evernote for iOS is available in the App Store. You can download it here

This version contains bug fixes and performance improvements for many of the issues reported here and through our support channels.

This version includes:

Thanks for using Evernote and the continued feedback!

Where is the back button? That ended my life-Evernote. I need back button to study with link note. 
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, stuball said:

I always wondered why people posted that they have had enough (of Evernote) and are switching to some other app.  Why bother, just go with that other app.

This is off topic, and would be better posted in a new discussion in a different forum

Its not my style to post such notices
I prefer the philosophy expressed by

• George Bernard Shaw. The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
  • George Carlin. Don't sweat the petty things
    and don't pet the sweaty things.

Shaw did go on to say Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. 

>>But I think now I get the point. 

So, what is the point

On 10/22/2017 at 3:03 PM, DTLow said:

Bug Report: What happened to the back/forwrd arrows when referencing a series of notes?  They seem to be overlayed with the expand icon

I was just about to report the same. This really messes up ability of linking different notes to navigate around in Evernote.

On 19/10/2017 at 8:08 PM, Justin Street said:

Changes to Notebook navigation

• Tapping back button
  • Swiping left 

Thanks for the update!

Is it possible to post a video of how and when to apply the 'swiping left' option?

• Level 5*
On 2017-10-19 at 11:08 AM, Justin Street said:

• Tapping back button

Bug Report: What happened to the back/forward arrows when referencing a series of notes?  They seem to be overlayed with the expand icon

• Level 5*

Yup, same here, swipe right from note to list of notes to list of notebooks.  Also works with shortcuts which is nice, but not from searches for whatever reason. 

Also, it appears once you open the list of notebooks in a stack it persists open.  I don't remember that as the behavior in 8.4.   This is better for sure.

Archived