note on PC will not update to web or ios

DonDree

This morning I created a note. When looking at my notes later I noticed there were 2 duplicate copies of it so I erased one. Now this note will not appear on my iPhone app no matter how many times I sync. I looked at the web and it's not there either. Any suggestions?

One of the suggestions online was to purge the trash which I did. So now it's empty. The situation remains the same. The note is in my Windows program but does not appear in either the web or iPhone app.
3 minutes ago, jefito said:

OK, is the notebook that the note is in a local notebook? Those notes are not synced to the Evernote servers, and will therefore never appear on a mobile device or the web.

No.

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  Copy the 'phantom' note contents into another new note and see whether that syncs?  If so,  delete the current version.

Well the copied note synced OK. But I'll be damned if I know what happened to the original. I'm going to delete it.

It's unsettling because I work most of the time without checking on sync, I just assume it's working. Now I'm worried that there may be other "orphan" notes I know nothing about. Is there any way to check without having to do it manually? If you want to dig deeper let me know what I can give you.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, DonDree said:

Is there any way to check without having to do it manually?

If you go to List View on a desktop system and scan across the column headings,  there should be one for 'sync'.  Any recently created or edited notes will have a dot in that column indicating sync is outstanding.  Most will / should not.  Click on the column title to sort notes in ascending or descending order. 

If you see any dots on notes that are not recent ones,  they might be a problem.

If you don't see the Sync column,  right-click the heading row for additional terms to include it.

Archived