How to send a notebook to someone without having a shared notebook.

WillT.

So, a friend of mine has an evernote notebook they want to share with me. However, we don't want to have only one file to edit because they make their own notes in a way that's different to mine so "collaboration" is not the thing we're looking for. Is there a way to export the evernote notebook over to me without using the share function or without copying and pasting every single note over?

• Level 5*
On 2017-10-16 at 5:28 PM, WillT. said:

Is there a way to export the evernote notebook over to me without using the share function or without copying and pasting every single note over?

The Mac/Win platforms have an export/import feature.59e7c3c54bf81_ScreenShot2017-10-18at14_12_15.png.c1110a79d26ed19be81b51b7ae2d5a1e.png
You select the notes to export, and a .enex file is created
Here is a sample   My Notes.enex

• Level 5*
On 10/16/2017 at 8:28 PM, WillT. said:

Is there a way to export the evernote notebook over to me without using the share function or without copying and pasting every single note over?

Why don't he just share the notebook with you? That works.

1 hour ago, jefito said:

Why don't he just share the notebook with you? That works.

The thing is we want to work on it in different ways. the share function shares notebooks so any edits one makes usually leads to changes in the shared file.

• Level 5*
Just now, WillT. said:

Oh, so could he just send me the .enex file and I could import it directly to my account?

Correct, like in my example I sent you an enex file

Archived