OlenDM

Selective Sync

Idea

This feature will allow a user select which notebooks will be synced with the device in use. For instance, if you install evernote on your corporate device, this feature will  allow you select the desired notebooks you want to sync on your corporate device. This helps protect your private notebooks from been stored in the local database of the device and improves privacy. Please reach out to me if you have additional questions about this feature.

7 replies to this idea

This idea has been requested before. You should go here and add your vote.

6 hours ago, OlenDM said:

This feature will allow a user select which notebooks will be synced with the device in use

Selective notebook sync is a feature on the mobile platforms.  I use the feature with my iPad and iPhone 

Note: This is not a complete block, metadata is still sync’d and available for searching

Just now, DTLow said:

Selective notebook sync is a feature on the mobile platforms.  I use the feature with my iPad and iPhone 

I need it for a corporate laptop though and its not available for windows.

1 hour ago, OlenDM said:

I need it for a corporate laptop though and its not available for windows.

A workaround is to set up a separate account for that notebook (it can be a free account), and share notebooks to it from your actual account. Only the notebooks you share on the laptop will be synced on the laptop. There are some drawbacks; for example, you cannot create new tags in a shared notebook.

If you're using the Windows client, you can also try on-demand sync on the notebook (Tools / Options / Synchronization / Enable on demand sync). The hover text for this item says "Enable this content if you want note content to be downloaded only when you see the note in the note list view. Normally, Evernote will download all of the notes content in advance". I've never used this myself (I use the shared notebook approach), so hopefully some other user who has can let you know how effective it is.

I'm still shocked that in a ten-year-old product, this still isn't a thing.  It's the one giant gaping hole in Evernote's service.

1 hour ago, David Reed said:

I'm still shocked that in a ten-year-old product, this still isn't a thing. 

There doesn't seem to be the much User support for this feature.

Please indicate your support using the voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion

You could add some details as to your use  case for this feature.

>>It's the one giant gaping hole in Evernote's service.

I guess it's good to know there's only one hole.

I've been waiting for this for years, it's the main reason many of my co-workers do not use Evernotes, we have strict data policies on our work notebooks. So simple to implement.