Content Missing from yesterday

Hello, 

I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps that I could find, and I am unable to recover my note from yesterday - all that displays of the note is a blank note with "untitlted" as the title. It has some pretty important information in it, so anything I can try to get it back would be helpful. 

Here's a list of what I tried (or at least what I can remember trying): 

• Clearing out trash
  • Searching through other synced devices (phone & Web)
  • Restarting Mac
  • Checking Activity Logs - although I am not sure what to look for, something seems off. Around the time of me starting the note, the check to evernote.com came back as reachable, then about 2 hours later there was an activity to close an "Untitled" note, but I had titled the note. There are a bunch of activities logged during that day, but all I received in the Evernote app on my Mac was a loading/spinning wheel. 

I tried reaching out on Twitter this morning (11 am ET) but have not heard back. Does anyone know if this is typical? I tried Twitter before chat and now chat is closed :(

• Level 5*
On 2017-10-11 at 5:24 PM, Samantha_O said:

I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps that I could find, and I am unable to recover my note from yesterday - all that displays of the note is a blank note with "untitlted" as the title. It has some pretty important information in it, so anything I can try to get it back would be helpful. 

If your note got sync’d to the Evernote server it would have entered the Note History backup cycle

Access to the data is a paid account feature but you can subscribe for a single month

Let's hope the answer isn't "pay us and you can find it in the secret history stash".

I'm having intermittent note availability issues on MacOS 10.13. Last time, my notes revived themselves several days later. I was told by support that they had "done something" on the server side the night before ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, David Holman said:

Let's hope the answer isn't "pay us and you can find it in the secret history stash".

You could implement your own personal backups.

I have Time Machine backups on my Mac, as well as a daily/weekly export to a cloud drive

Evernote’s Note History backup is documented at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313858-How-to-access-and-use-note-history  It’s not a secret

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, David Holman said:

A real-time-save cloud product shouldn't rely on local backups

Whatever works for you.  

Not exactly real-time; I’m not always connected to the internet and my sync setting is for 5  minute intervals

The bottom line for me is I will recover from data issues; regardless if the gremlins are in my fingers, my computer, the software, the servers

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, David Holman said:

Unless the data never made it to Evernote's database in the first place. Which is the behavior I've seen on three separate occasions now.

I can definitely see a problem if the data doesn’t make it to Evernote’s datatabase

On my Mac, this is automatic, I enter some keystrokes and the activity log shows a “saved” line as the data is added to the database.  I can also see the actual database files being updated

Archived