Greetings,

I've been battling with trying to share notebooks with my wife for over a week now. I have shared the notebooks and my android simply says pending.

ex. I've shared to xxxxx@gmail.com and under shared notebook I see "Who can access" shows xxxx@gmail.com pending.

On my wife's phone I see no sign of my sharing. I checked her gmail account and I see nothing. I checked spam and every other folder she has on her gmail but nothing indicating my share.

I've repeated this process many time with different notebooks and nothing works.

What am I missing? Or is this function simply no working anymore?

• Level 5*

Ah.  That was the reason for the query - new accounts don't have immediate access to Work Chat,  so can't share for some hours or days after being created.  Seems to be an anti-spam move by Evernote to avoid someone creating masses of new accounts from which to send shares.

You were right to check spam folders and such for emails - a new share should generate an invitation email first time aound...  are there any other spam filters on your / your wife's network?  Is one of you on a work connection forinstance?  If not,  I'd suggest you reach out to Support directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps - they'll be able to check your accounts to see whether there's any technical reason why this is not working...

• 11 months later...

Via email. It says "pending" in the notebook's share properties. No invitation sent from EN to my wife. I shared another notebook four years ago. If un-share that one, the new one gets shared. It is as if I'm only allowed to share ONE notebook!

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, pcv said:

No invitation sent from EN to my wife.

Evernote's invites are sent from a NOREPLY account that sends a lot of emails,  which has caused some mail daemon servers to mark it as a spam source,  purely based on the volume.  In some cases this may mean that some ISPs delete the emails automatically without even sending them to a spam folder.  You could ask your wife to log into her account via Evernote.com and a web browser - she may see notifications there that won't make it into the real world...

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I checked her spam filter on gmail (web) and also no notification on EN. The strange thing is that notification is sent out if I un-share the notebook that's already shared.

Archived