Evernote Android search issue with default notebook

When I do a search using just one word, the results come up fine. But when narrow down by notebook, it says zero results. The note is clearly in the notebook so this is a major glitch.  I have several notes with the word "call" that are in the unfiled notebook.  Search results come up fine at first but when I narrow down to notebook "unfiled", nothing. Just doesn't make sense. Fortunately as mentioned above regular search works but it is a annoying behavior when narrowing down by notebook and nothing comes up. Anyway I still think Evernote is awesome and I have had good luck with it I just hope this can be fixed soon. Of course all the contacting the developer. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong and how the search works should be straightforward.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Can't seem to trap my version of EN Android in the same way - I get the same number of hits whether I search 'all notes' or within one notebook.  Can you give us a step-by-step guide through exactly what you're doing to search and how you do that generally and how you restrict it to one notebook?

1. When an all notes I search for "call"

2. Results come up fine.

3. Then I click on refine your results and click on the notebook that I know has several notes with the word call in it.

4. Evernote comes back with no notes found , try another search.

So basically I want to narrow down notes that have the word call in it, that are just in a certain notebook.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Ricky said:

2. Results come up fine.

3. Then I click on refine your results and click on the notebook that I know has several notes with the word call in it.

4. Evernote comes back with no notes found , try another search.

So basically I want to narrow down notes that have the word call in it, that are just in a certain notebook.

I don’t have the “refine” option on my platform/devices and would search     “call” notebook:aaaaa

Does that give better results for you?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, DTLow said:

I don’t have the “refine” option on my platform/devices and would search     “call” notebook:aaaaa

Note that by strict adherence to the Evernote search language (https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php), the notebook:aaaaa term would need to come first. Different clients might accept variations, bu *****'s best to stick to the proper rules across platforms.

4 hours ago, Ricky said:

2. Results come up fine.

This works for me. Did you tap on 'Apply Filters' at the bottom of the display after you selected the notebook? I tested this on my phone and on a tablet, both Android.

Thanks for all your replies.   

<< 

Did you tap on 'Apply Filters' 

>>

Yes I tapped applied filters but still nothing comes up and there are clearly notes with the word "call" in unfiled.    

I just discovered something interesting.  It appears this is only happening with the default notebook.  When I search by a word and then refine with other notebooks it is working fine.  But anytime, no matter what the search word, it comes up with no results.   

I did a test to see if it is a problem with the note that contains the word "call".  I moved that note to a different Notebook and it came up in the search results.    

So if someone else can trying a search, the refine by select YOUR DEFAULT notebook and let me know if you run into the same thing.     

Archived