Alphabetising the content of a note

Joshuaarkirk

Idea

To be able to alphabetise a note would be a feature that would be very beneficial for many types of notes, for example when learning a language one could produce their own dictionary within Evernote. A google search finds a number of articles of people requesting a feature to alphabetise lists within their notes. Notes within a notebook can already be sorted this way, and Microsoft Word can sort a list by alphabetical order so surely it it possible for a Evernote note to do so.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Joshuaarkirk said:

Perhaps i'm using wrong?

My practice is to use the Evernote editor for basic notes
For extended features, I use a dedicated editor (like Microsoft Word) and add the document as an attachment to a note. Evernote works well with Office/iWork documents

I see. It doesn't really sound like an ideal solution though. As for instance making your own dictionary does not require an advanced text editor, and  having an ability within Evernote to alphabetise a certain hierarchy of a list would be very beneficial, especially when you consider that Evernote is more expensive that MS Word. Thanks for your advice though.

Archived