• 0
Chantal Leonard

Evernote for Mac 6.13 Beta 2

Idea

Hi all - 

Today we're announcing 6.13 Beta 2 - get it here or check for updates in your app. This release has some bug and crash fixes to our Beta 1. We're also limiting the app support to 10.11 and above. Stay tuned for Beta 3 soon, which will include some additional UI tweaks.  Let us know if you spot any issues with Beta 2. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Mac team 

6.13 and app updates going forwards will be supported on OS X El Capitan (10.11) and above

Improved

  • Sharing: consolidated share options under the "Share" button in Evernote. Share a note, choose to create a public link or modify share permissions all from one place. 
  • Navigation and Commanding UI: we've made some adjustments to provide more space for your content using a narrower toolbar, and making some tweaks to the sidebar to improve legibility. We've also improved the Move Note dialog to make it even faster to move a note across accounts by listing all notebooks from both your business and personal accounts directly in the dialog. 

Fixed
We fixed many issues in this release, here are some of the notable issues addressed. 

  • Fixed an issue where notebooks are sometimes duplicated on upgrade
  • Fixed several crashes including intermittent issues around moving notes, app launch, and on PDF annotation
  • Fixed an issue where the Evernote app window sometimes appears black when in full screen mode

--------------

Screenshots

Simplified user interface with a more minimal toolbar 

image.thumb.png.14fb459dad0fd8298c4dc4f3263b4a4d.png 

Improved sharing dialog 

image.thumb.png.6e44be5c0f6f0e33a20b1cc07b5b3937.png

Share this post


Link to post

13 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0

When I use "search" there is a big lag (I would say about 4-6 seconds is common) before the results are displayed. This never happened on 6.11 where search was almost instant. I have around 8800 notes. Also, when clicking on a note, quite often before it is rendered there is a spinner shown for a few seconds before the note gets shown. This is also a new thing and was not happening in 6.11. 

Overall, these 2 changes result in a huge slowdown and makes the app pretty frustrating to use. This isn't unique to 6.13 beta-2, it's has been happening since 6.12+

Also not fixed:

Bug with file:// links
https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/109473-bug-with-file-links/

Note List often goes blank
https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/109365-note-list-often-goes-blank-en-6123-1013/

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, luckman212 said:

When I use "search" there is a big lag (I would say about 4-6 seconds is common) before the results are displayed. This never happened on 6.11 where search was almost instant. I have around 8800 notes. Also, when clicking on a note, quite often before it is rendered there is a spinner shown for a few seconds before the note gets shown. This is also a new thing and was not happening in 6.11. 

Overall, these 2 changes result in a huge slowdown and makes the app pretty frustrating to use. This isn't unique to 6.13 beta-2, it's has been happening since 6.12+

Also not fixed:

Bug with file:// links
https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/109473-bug-with-file-links/

Note List often goes blank
https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/109365-note-list-often-goes-blank-en-6123-1013/

 

Have you tried recreating your search index after updating? 

1. Open Evernote on your Mac
2. Hold down the **Option** key on your keyboard and select **Help** from your Mac's menu bar
3. Select Troubleshooting > Recreate Full Text Search Index

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Is it possible to get the multi-column display back? My entire organization is coming to me to fix their view after updating to the most recent version of Evernote for Mac. The single column display for the stacks is cumbersome to have to scroll down. Especially when you have a lot of stacks and notebooks as we do.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
7 hours ago, nicolml said:

Have you tried recreating your search index after updating? 

1. Open Evernote on your Mac
2. Hold down the **Option** key on your keyboard and select **Help** from your Mac's menu bar
3. Select Troubleshooting > Recreate Full Text Search Index

I'm running that now, will give it a try.

What about the other option -- "Recreate Spotlight Search Index" do I need to also run that?

How do I know when the rebuild is complete?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 minutes ago, luckman212 said:

How do I know when the rebuild is complete?

You can look at your Activity Log; the indexing activity shows as log entries 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Since this morning, Evernote 6.13 Betas 1 and 2 are failing to sync for me. The sync arrows rotate, but it ends with the red exclamation overlay. I've tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps listed here, with no luck. Anyone else seeing this issue?

I'll submit my Activity Log through the regular support channels, but there's a notice saying it can take up to a week to get a reply. I need to get this fixed sooner than that...like in the next couple of hours :D

 

[UPDATE: Managed to get Evernote syncing again, by running every fix DiskWarrior could chuck at my Mac. Not sure what did it, but problem solved.]

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, doonyakka said:

Since this morning, Evernote 6.13 Betas 1 and 2 are failing to sync for me. The sync arrows rotate, but it ends with the red exclamation overlay. I've tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps listed here, with no luck. Anyone else seeing this issue?

I'll submit my Activity Log through the regular support channels, but there's a notice saying it can take up to a week to get a reply. I need to get this fixed sooner than that...like in the next couple of hours :D

 

[UPDATE: Managed to get Evernote syncing again, by running every fix DiskWarrior could chuck at my Mac. Not sure what did it, but problem solved.]

The same thing happened to me, and it was driving me crazy. After trying everything under the sun, I decided to look at my Activity Log. It showed two notes that were causing problems. One was a duplicate, the other triplicate, and both from 2010!  Anyway, I deleted all of them, and all was well.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Copy of Emoji's is not working properly (as of v6.12)

Some Emoji's (like ✅) are working correctly, but others (like ‼️) are beeing replaced by a simplified format.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Insert ‼️
  2. Select & Copy ‼️
  3. Pasting into the note replaces it by ‼

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi, 

Why Tab feature is not available for me?

Evernote (6.13 Beta 2)

OS X El Capitan

version 10.11.6 (15G1510)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 10/10/2017 at 2:11 AM, bambooparadox said:

Copy of Emoji's is not working properly (as of v6.12)

Some Emoji's (like ✅) are working correctly, but others (like ‼️) are beeing replaced by a simplified format.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Insert ‼️
  2. Select & Copy ‼️
  3. Pasting into the note replaces it by ‼

Thanks for the info, a new bug has been filed

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 10/6/2017 at 11:49 AM, nicolml said:

Have you tried recreating your search index after updating? 

1. Open Evernote on your Mac
2. Hold down the **Option** key on your keyboard and select **Help** from your Mac's menu bar
3. Select Troubleshooting > Recreate Full Text Search Index

I executed both actions (not at the same time, one after the other). Rebuilt both the fulltext index as well as the Spotlight index. Waited for activity log to quiesce and Activity Monitor to go back to 0%.  Quit EN and re-launched it to start fresh.  Ran a search, same issue -- huge lag between hitting "enter" on my search field and when results are displayed. What it seems like EN is doing is querying the backend servers for related content, even though I have that option disabled. Is that possible?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now