Trying to edit a table

TimC

• Level 5*

Table editing is not an IOS feature.  I know it’s a Windows feature and hopefully a Windows User will advise

It might help if you post a screenshot of your table

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, TimC said:

Is there a way to edit a table, i.e. add rows and/or columns? 

According to this link I can, but my table looks nothing like the table in the link.  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314638-How-to-create-and-customize-tables

I am using Windows 7 on my desktop and IOS 10 on my iPhone. 

As DTLow says, table editing in iOS is not a thing.

In the Windows client, you may not be seeing what the linked reference shows due to what it says in the last section:

Why does my pasted table look different than expected?

Tables created in other applications (with the exception of those created in Microsoft Word and Excel) and pasted into Evernote won’t automatically be formatted like an Evernote table. You can upgrade the pasted table to look like an Evernote table by right-clicking on the table and selecting Upgrade Table.

Even so, the right-click menu for your table should let you add rows and columns, whether the table has been upgraded or not.

I don't know about this.  In Windows, when I right click I get the following options: Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Select All and Inspect Element.  IDK, I spend way to much time trying to figure out the glitches in Evernote than it's worth.  Time to go back to using Excel spreadsheets!

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, TimC said:

I don't know about this.  In Windows, when I right click I get the following options: Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Select All and Inspect Element.  IDK, I spend way to much time trying to figure out the glitches in Evernote than it's worth.  Time to go back to using Excel spreadsheets!

You have to right click within the table.

Image.png.0bf237575a82c0ba55c112d821a1803a.png

• Level 5
46 minutes ago, TimC said:

The fact that you're seeing "Inspect Element" suggests to me that you're using the Web version of Evernote in a browser, not the Windows Evernote program. And indeed, in the Web interface there's no way to edit tables. If you don't yet have the separate Evernote program for Windows, you can go to https://evernote.com/ and click the Download link at the top right. This program has actually been enhanced recently to improve table editing.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, TimC said:

Time to go back to using Excel spreadsheets!

Spreadsheets attached to a note work well for me; also word processing documents

Archived