God help you if you upgrade your phone

rleggett

Idea

So I upgraded to a new iPhone.  14k notes total, my phone now claims I only have 11k.   Web version and desktop have the correct number.  It claims my "Inbox" folder only has six notes; that's an improvement, yesterday it claimed 1.

Evernote apparently only downloads note headers while the app itself is active; it stops when your phone blanks to save power.  Leaving it on the charger overnight with EN open seems to be the only way to speed it up.

It's been two days; at this rate Evernote on my phone will be up to date in about a week.

Maybe there could be an option to export/import headers to speed up the process???  This is just bad.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, rleggett said:

Evernote apparently only downloads note headers while the app itself is active; it stops when your phone blanks to save power.  Leaving it on the charger overnight with EN open seems to be the only way to speed it up.

You can enable Background App Refresh in IOS Settings > Evernote

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, rleggett said:

Maybe there could be an option to export/import headers to speed up the process???  This is just bad.

If you start without any offline notebooks, change auto lock to never, and leave EN open your notes should download fairly quickly.  I recently had 27k notes download in less than an hour.

Archived