Scroll down, notes disappear

Hi,

This is for the cloud version.

I've been having this issue now for the last 2 days & it's happened before :  (

I scroll down where all the notes are located (not the notebook names) & the notes disappear. I scroll back up & one or two show up & the rest are missing.

I need to get access to my notes :(

Help please.

Thank you

I am having the same exact problem. I have been experiencing this for the last week. It is making Evernote Web completely impossible to use. I am using Chrome. This doesn't seem to happen as often in Firefox. I can simply just "switch" browsers, but Chrome is my default and I would prefer to stay in Chrome over giving up Evernote completely. 

I couldn't find the link to this thread :(

I just redid my entire Thunderbird, so I have no access to my previous mail right now.

It's STILL happening. I am using the desktop version, but then I'm concerned about syncing. Which takes precedence. Let's say I change one thing on the cloud & then something else on the desktop, how do they sync up properly?

As it is right now I wasn't able to do work & was getting very upset.

I contacted them on FB, I suggest you do the same. Someone else there was charged for the paid version & they aren't even giving him ACCESS to the paid version b/c they are just ignoring him.

If anyone finds another solution where we can export all our notes, I'm all ears. This is too stressful for me & the company is not doing well. I read a report on their business behind the scenes.

Good luck

• Level 5*

This appears to be a problem with the old Evernote web client (first reported on Chrome, now on Firefox). The new web client seems to be working better, though some people don't like the new one much. You should definitely try it, and see whether you can access your notes.

53 minutes ago, RapidFinancialSolutions said:

If anyone finds another solution where we can export all our notes, I'm all ears. This is too stressful for me & the company is not doing well. I read a report on their business behind the scenes.

Why don't you share the report you read?

Note that the desktop clients can export notes to HTML, and there are some competitors that can import from Evernote, with more or less success and fidelity.

Same Problem!!  It has been happening for 2 maybe 3 weeks now.

Using Chrome. I can replicate the problem in 2 ways:

1 - when I first login, if I scroll down, no notes appear in the list past the last note that displays prior to scrolling.

2 - if I do a search, nothing is returned. The list is blank. 

HOWEVER, today, I selected a different sort, most recently updated & after refreshing my browser, I can see notes in the list!

Just a workaround. Still an issue exists. 

This is the same issue I've had for a week or so now as well. And I remember it's  happened in the past but not for this long.

Only in Chrome, works fine in Firefox, on tablet and on phone. When I refresh, the original list of notes appears again, but scrolling makes them disappear. I tried sorting differently as well, but that doesn't seem to work for me either. I like to have my notes sorted descending alphabetically. But when I reverse it and refresh, the scroll bar automatically starts at the bottom of the view! So I'm still only seeing the same notes! :angry:

The only work around I've found to find a few more of the notes is to zoom out the web page view so more appear on initial page load. But for now I'm resorting to using Firefox which is not my browser of choice. 

On 10/6/2017 at 10:34 PM, jefito said:

This appears to be a problem with the old Evernote web client (first reported on Chrome, now on Firefox). The new web client seems to be working better, though some people don't like the new one much. You should definitely try it, and see whether you can access your notes.

Why don't you share the report you read?

Note that the desktop clients can export notes to HTML, and there are some competitors that can import from Evernote, with more or less success and fidelity.

Sorry for the delay.

I'm sorry, I never kept the URL to the article about Evernote, you can just do a search & hopefully it will show up.

Yes I'm on Chrome, I stopped using Fx a few months ago after giving it my dedication since around 2000.

If you mean the new interface with nested tags, forget it for me. I clicked on that last year & couldn't figure out how to work Evernote or get it back to the regular way it looks & nearly had a heart attack LOL

Thank gawd someone from here helped me.

If you mean something else, please LMK.

I've tried to look for other alternatives before & didn't get very far before I had to do something else. It's not that I want to leave, but the fact that they ALWAYS have these issues every few months is very stressful.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:57 PM, lindeom said:

This is the same issue I've had for a week or so now as well. And I remember it's  happened in the past but not for this long.

Only in Chrome, works fine in Firefox, on tablet and on phone. When I refresh, the original list of notes appears again, but scrolling makes them disappear. I tried sorting differently as well, but that doesn't seem to work for me either. I like to have my notes sorted descending alphabetically. But when I reverse it and refresh, the scroll bar automatically starts at the bottom of the view! So I'm still only seeing the same notes! :angry:

The only work around I've found to find a few more of the notes is to zoom out the web page view so more appear on initial page load. But for now I'm resorting to using Firefox which is not my browser of choice. 

I know how stressful it is.

I decided to use the desktop version & I have to say I think I'm going to stick with it. I'll keep the web version up just to do a quick search or keep it on one note that I need to copy links from, but the desktop version is actually faster, it flies compared to the web version, I just had to get used to it a bit b/c creating a new note opens in a new window.

I'm not going to open Fx just for Evernote. My computer already can't handle the numerous Chrome windows/tabs I have open, plus TB, Word, Excel, notepads, & the list goes on LOL

Please let us know if they ever fix it. Did you contact them on Twitter to complain?

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, RapidFinancialSolutions said:

I decided to use the desktop version & I have to say I think I'm going to stick with it. I'll keep the web version up just to do a quick search or keep it on one note that I need to copy links from, but the desktop version is actually faster, it flies compared to the web version, I just had to get used to it a bit b/c creating a new note opens in a new window.

Tools / Options / Note / "Create new note in a new window" governs this behavior.

On 10/15/2017 at 2:46 PM, MilwMama said:

Switching to desktop js not an option for me as it is disallowed under the free version. I use my 2 free devices on mobile.

I did submit a case saying it is a bug. Got a message that they are a week behind! 

Oh, you must have 2 cells, I only have one.

So why doesn't the web version count as one if the desktop does? Strange.

I have two installs already on the free version too (phone and tablet) so I can't install the desktop version either. I have just been using Firefox. Just checked it out on Chrome again and still not working correctly. I also sent a message last week on Twitter but they only just now replied asking which browser i am using. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, lindeom said:

I have two installs already on the free version too (phone and tablet) so I can't install the desktop version either. I have just been using Firefox. Just checked it out on Chrome again and still not working correctly.

You should be able to install the desktop application, but you'll need to de-register a device if you want to have more than two active at the same time. See https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068-Devices-FAQ. If you really need to use 3 devices, you can also consider paying for a subscription; even the Plus will do.

I do think that it's a shame that the web version isn't working. It really should be fixed.

The number of installs has to do with the number of devices that evernote has to keep in sync. Accessing via the web does not require a sync. You just access your data directly via the internet. It does not store it anywhere on that device.  

I also have a tablet and cell i prefer to keep in sync as the apps are nice to use, widgets etc. Instead of logging in via web. Those are my 2.

It is just the web version i have trouble with.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought i was the only one facing this issue, glad its been discussed here, i hate the new web interface but the old one got the notes disappearing issue and i am left with no other choice but use the new web interface, i feel evernote is willfully sabotaging the old evernote web such that we will stick to the new web interface, hope i am wrong!

@Saga - I still suggest (if you can) to switch to the desktop version.

It's even better than the old web interface.

1. You don't have to wait for it to save, I have mine set to 2 secs & it's saved.

2. When copying text you don't have to click it twice & then highlight to copy, it just highlights as normal. That was a web version bug that I hated & they refused to fix.

3. When creating a new note, you can set it so your cursor goes right to the heading area so you can just type.

I do wish the keyword I searched for was in a brighter yellow (it's a dull low yellow), but that's my only complaint so far.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this same problem for a few weeks now. Relieved to see I'm not the only one. I'm a Premium user and have desktop version on a number of devices, but I need to use the Web version at work. I move around to different work-stations that I don't have administrative rights to. Nor do I want my notes installed on these machines because many other people use them. The old Web version has been my work around. This is so frustrating. Evernote please fix this!

• 2 weeks later...

Reading this post.. i had previously tonight submitted a ticket to them... it sucks.  i have been exploring onenote tonight... the problem there is that their web version has almost NO features... so I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

have been a paid subscriber for over ten years to EN... REALLY frustrated and upset at the lack of support and the HORRIBLE web design ... there was NOTHING wrong with the old version

I have the same issue as another poster here with not being able to SELECT NOTES in the new web version > REALLY THIS IS ABSURD.

not sure what I am going to do for the future - but i am importing all my notes to onenote this weekend to test... i REALLY do not want to have to give up on EN.  but really its seems obvious that the company could care less about its users and what they need to work. 

@ejmichel - I agree with you. Too many companies CHANGE their software & it's worse once they change it & it's not like they include NEW amazing features.

Even their desktop version has issues where it doesn't launch on restart. I finally had to resort to putting it into my startup tab which one should NEVER have to do if the software was built properly.

I would tweet them first, but if you are a paid subscriber, they should be getting back to you. Their support has never been good from what I experienced & from what I've read online.

I'm not a paid member, but they did respond back to my tweet & then passed me on to support.

I can't remember the reason I didn't like the new version, as it's been several months since I tried it out & then I freaked out b/c I didn't think I could back to the old version, but someone on here helped me.

I still recommend the desktop version, but I understand that if you are on the road, you need the web version.

I am not a fan of MS, so I try never to use their products except we are almost all forced to use Word & Excel.

Let us know how it goes.

Archived