Unable 'Expand'/Widen Tables Evernote 6.12.3

Hello- Just updated Evernote via App Store.

All my tables are now crushed horizontally and I am unable to re-widen them. How do I pull them sideways now? Anyone else run into this problem?

Thx.

Yes, mine are too.  That is the case in all my tables created before Evernote 6.12.3.  Something went badly wrong as they "improved" the table ability.  Try this for example.  Create a table with two or three columns and 2 or 3 rows.  Control click anywhere inside the table, go to Tables and then Table Properties and in the pull down menu select the border color you like and change the px from 1 to 3.  The pretty, wider border appears.  Now save the note, click OK, and then click on another note.  Then switch back to the tabled note, and the border width is back to 1 px. Please fix this.  I has to be a programming problem.  I have asked 3 other people using Evernote, and they all confirm that they have the problem.

I just went in to update a couple of notes where I have been using tables for a couple of years and I cannot add a row, or a column, I can't delete rows or columns. It's pretty much useless at this point. I tried creating a new note but same issue once it creates the table, no manipulation ofthe table, all I can do is add text.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
33 minutes ago, PaulTopaz said:

Hello               E V E R N O T E      support. Did you realize you broke this functionality when you did the upgrade ????????????????

This is a user discussion forum.59f64484c8576_ScreenShot2017-10-29at14_11_10.png.87f9f803c54a52a1e9be3dc0b88b9f1d.png
You can contact Evernote Support at
Paid Accounts   Contact Evernote Support
All Accounts   Twitter @evernotehelps     

My experience with tables is illustrated with this screengrab
I can right click and get the tables sub-menu
There are dots at every row and column to do things
I can drag the column lines to adjust the widths
There's dropdown arrows in each cell to do things

DTLow, thanks for the note. That is how this use to work for me too. I don't know exactly when it changed but a few weeks ago I went into a couple of my existing notes to make some updates and I can't do anything with those tables any longer. Now when I right click within a table (using the Chrome browser on a windows pc) I get the browser options, not the old Evernote options. I tried using MS Edge and same problem. 

image.png.8059bb80c7a37d417a820c7367ba1ee8.png

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, PaulTopaz said:

DTLow, thanks for the note. That is how this use to work for me too. I don't know exactly when it changed but a few weeks ago I went into a couple of my existing notes to make some updates and I can't do anything with those tables any longer. 

Can you export a sample table in enex format and add the file to a post.  I'll take a look at it on my Mac

DTLow, I have been using the browser to access my notes. I downloaded the evernote app and it works just fine. I still can't adjust anything with the app on my phone, but I can adjust the tables using the app on my laptop. Not sure why but this will get me what I need. 

Thanks for your offer to help. 

Paul

Archived