Note title not completely visible

In side list view, if the title of a note is longer than what can be shown on a single line, in the right-side window pane, instead of automatically showing on two lines, it is only partially visible. This is annoying. Any suggestions?

Thanks

AC

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. That works, thank you, but, for many reasons, I prefer the side list view. I don't see why the title should not be treated as the body of a note, that gets automatically justified...

• Level 5*

One of those things that's probably not too hard to accomplish - once the 1001 other requests from users have (as far as possible) been evaluated and delivered.  So not currently in the near future!

I'll move this to a feedback thread so others can vote on the idea and maybe move it up the queue for consideration at least...  the feature request here is (I gather) "please make title field content fully visible in all views on the desktop clients (ie wrap the text in those views)"

You should be able to edit the title of this page - if I got your intent correct,  you might want to add something to that effect to attract more votes...  :)

If it is not hard to accomplish it just makes sense... The fact that the body of a note is fully visible in side list view while the title is not simply does not make a lot of sense. I would be curious to know what the intent was, given that the response I got from Evernote Help has been that this was 'by design' (whose design I am not sure: divine design? Shareholders' design? Developers' design? ... )  Anyway, enough time invested on this issue on my part. If this can be changed, it is an improvement. If it cannot be changed just because it is what it is ... oh well... ;)

• Level 5
On 10/3/2017 at 7:55 AM, AnCo said:

In side list view, if the title of a note is longer than what can be shown on a single line, in the right-side window pane, instead of automatically showing on two lines, it is only partially visible.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Can you post a screenshot? 

You say you're talking about 'the right side window pane', do you mean the editor window? If so, the display of the title should not be affected by the view mode of the note list. In other words, the title should look the same in the note editor regardless of whether you're in side list view or in card view.

• 1 year later...

What happened is that I have an auto generate title. It used to replicate the title in the side menu in full. But then, back about 6-9 months ago, it started generating only a portion of the title. And when I retype it, sometimes it will show up and sometimes it won’t. 

As as you will see from the pic, one note only gives a section of the title, yet the note below it shows the whole thing, it doesn’t make sense, because it is random. Sometimes when I rewrite the title it will show up on the left in full,  and then sometimes it won’t. 

A1063219-9730-460D-B479-FFF065347AE0.jpeg

• Level 5

With my iPad it depends on whatever how much of the notes title and text is shown in the preview. I don’t understand the logic behind it.

Some will be shortened to 2 lines of text, some will show 3 and in notes from maIls a part of the notes text will show as well. I do not really see a logic behind it. For me it is no issue, because I can always identify the note I am searching.

You can play around a bit with these options: 

P.S. Moved from the Mac to the IOS section.

64ED4B24-D0C7-49CA-9D0A-349640224783.thumb.jpeg.595c211d3df2f93ebfc6977f4b1b9495.jpeg

This is a response to Adjusting. Sorry but I stopped following this issue because I don't really want to waste any more time. I am attaching a picture here. Adjusting, I hope that what I mean is clearer, now. The title is not wrapped to be shown in full on two lines.2032486880_ScreenShot2019-08-31at4_26_03PM.thumb.png.3455b8c8c64282e64654b140b049c50f.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, AnCo said:

The title is not wrapped to be shown in full on two lines.

Confirmed, on a Mac the note title display is truncated in both the note list, and more seriously in the note panel

>>the response I got from Evernote Help has been that this was 'by design'

You're welcome to repost in the feature request forum.

I agree it's a problem and will add my vote

8 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

P.S. Moved from the Mac to the IOS section.

This discussion was started by @AnCo and relates to a Mac issue

• Level 5*
On 8/29/2019 at 11:48 AM, Shayne Mason Vincent said:

As as you will see from the pic, one note only gives a section of the title, yet the note below it shows the whole thing, it doesn’t make sense, because it is random.

My experience is the note list (small) wraps the title for two lines, then truncates the title display

Have you tested with the medium/large options