Linking every file to Evernote using Google Drive or Dropbox?

lamborghini

I'm thinking about idea to link every file into Evernote.

Let's say I have project that include 
- spreadsheets, documents, videos (Google Drive)
- PDF's, drafts, notes (Evernote)
- source files (Dropbox)

Can't really see a bigger picture of the project, right? 

I can link each file and even folder using Google Drive integration to Evernote. With Dropbox it's not possible and linking to folder location on my computer isn't great solution at all. If I just change folder name link will be broken.

Also isn't it counter-productive? Maybe it's too much work to maintain it? Anyone have experience with it?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, lamborghini said:

I can link each file and even folder using Google Drive integration to Evernote. With Dropbox it's not possible and linking to folder location on my computer isn't great solution at all.

I can add links to any of my files, regardless of location; Google Drive, Dropbox, ....

Mostly tho, I don't store the file externally; I add it as an attachment to a note

>>If I just change folder name link will be broken.
Yes, that's the problem with links.  They get broken when the destination is changed

30 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Yes, that's the problem with links.  They get broken when the destination is changed

Yes but with Google Drive even if you change file location or rename it - link still works. Also it shows up preview of file which is pretty nice. 

Or maybe I should use tool such as Devonthink for that purpose?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2017 at 4:52 AM, Sergey Kuzin said:

Guys, I am still not clear 1) Is it possible to link each file and folder in my Finder (Mac) to the Evernote 2) If yes, can you explain with screenshots how exactly it works? with/ without Google drive? 

Thanks a lot!! 

When I have a note that has a lot of files/documents associated with it, I create a folder link in Windows. I don't use my Mac for business much so I never tried it.

But in Windows, I'll copy the address to the folder I save the related files then create a hyperlink in Evernote, see screenshot. I put a folder logo there for visual reason for me.

So when I work in that note, I click the hyperlink and it opens the folder location and see all related documents. The catch is this will work on the computer you created the link in, if you are on a different computer the folder would not be there unless it is a Google Drive or a DropBox folder with the same address. But for local folders, this seems nicely for me.

I do the same with files too, so if I don't want the file be in Evernote due to size or some other reason, then I create a hyperlink to that file. Again in Windows 10, SHIFT + F10, then COPY AS PATH, then I paste that into the hyper link. I would call it Excel File for the xxxxxxx.  

I know you asked for Mac but I am sure there must a similar way in Mac OS X for to copy the paste into a hyperlink.

Hope this helps or at least gives some ideas.

image.png.644604b6c9a76b06d862358bb3b1c36f.pngimage.png.d9bf8ce4bd9c2c5de2a1827e2afd8bfe.png

image.png

Archived