honora

what is note with ?EN_ATTACHMENT?

On Mac when forwarding files from FINDER to EN , EN creates 2 notes for each file.  1note EN creates without file attached has ?EN_ATTACHMENT" in title. the other note created actually contain the attached forwarded file. Can I delete these EN created empty notes with the "EN_ATTACHEMNT" 

On 2017-10-02 at 8:03 AM, honora said:

On Mac when forwarding files from FINDER to EN

How are you "forwarding"; its more of a mail function
My process is to drag the file to the Evernote icon, or an import folder

I've moved the discussion to the Mac forum

I have the same problem. When I use the share button in Finder/Safari/Preview, I end up with 2 notes in Evernote. One with the title of the item and a line of text in it, and the other is the actual note.

RCS-STL 2017 September
�EN_ATTACHMENT�

This only started after I upgraded to 10.13.

I wanted to point your attention on this problem again. I have the same problem on my Macs. Is there a fix for this? 

To reproduce: Use the sharing function of any other app and share the document with Evernote, then you get two new notes: one with the document attached, the other one containes the document's file name as well es "�EN_ATTACHMENT�".

This is very annoying. Could you fix this please?

I have this same problem.  Anyone figured how to fix it?  Which operating systems is this appearing on?  I have El Capitan (10.12).  Does it make a difference if you download from evernote's website or the app store?  I can't remember which one I did to install.  Is there a way to tell?  

yup.  �EN_ATTACHMENT� still happens when sharing a file from a macOS app > Evernote. example: Voice Memos app > Evernote creates a note with the audio clip attached, and a second note with the same name but with only this artifact  �EN_ATTACHMENT� in the note body

System Version: macOS 10.14 (18A391)

This issue has been filed in our bug ticketing system, flagged as a priority, and is being reviewed by the development team. I can't promise a timeline, but it should hopefully be fixed soon.

same problem. 

I know this was a problem with some previous version... then it was fixed.. now it is back again...

Same Problem.

Two years later and you can't fix this??? Good thing this issue was "flagged as a priority". Otherwise, it might take a while...

I just subscribed to Evernote using Mac, and I have this issue.  I was using the Evernote menu bar tool to take screenshots and notes from an online class, and all the screenshots were replaced with "�EN_ATTACHMENT�" .  

It seems I've lost hours of work from this issue, please reach out and help me!