Problems with pasting from Edge browser

marceloid

Idea

Hello,

I'd like to report a problem I'm having when copying content from Edge browser and pasting it on a note. If I copy some google maps info, when I try to paste it on a note it takes too long to get the content on the note, and it keeps saying "note responding" while at it.

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Do you see the same problems when pasting from Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer? Do you have a particular web page that demonstrates the problem, so that others could test it out?

The problem occurred when trying to paste results from google search. I was trying to paste the address of the restaurant of this link below, but I think that it will happen with any google search involving the maps address in the results.

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=culinária+da+van&oq=culinária+da+van&gs_l=psy-ab.3..35i39k1j0j0i22i30k1l8.14742.18874.0.19049.30.21.5.0.0.0.243.2008.0j11j2.14.0.dummy_maps_web_fallback...0...1.1.64.psy-ab..12.18.2168.6..0i67k1j0i10k1j0i13k1.157.XFfhH9yBL1c

I attached the info I copied. When I control+C the highlighted text and Control+V on the note, it takes too long to paste the info and the result is different from Chrome.

I tried the same thing with Chrome and it turnout ok.

Erro Evernote Edge.png

I have also problems with pasting from Edge, as opposed to pasting from Chrome.

I am using the latest Evernote (6.8.3.6052 (306052) Prerelease (CE Build ce-1.30.2726)), Chrome, and Edge (Microsoft Edge 41.16299.15.0).

Copy/paste text, eg, from Wikipedia, from Edge to Evernote does not paste any hyperlinks, whereas copy/paste text from Chrome to Evernote works OK. Is this related?

• Level 5*

Thanks for the reassurance that I don't need to try Edge again just yet. This was the reason I stopped using it some time ago. That and the fact that some bank web sites wouldn't play in the same sand box.

• Level 5*
On 10/1/2017 at 7:29 PM, marceloid said:

I attached the info I copied. When I control+C the highlighted text and Control+V on the note, it takes too long to paste the info and the result is different from Chrome.

Using Chrome, the amount of HTML put onto the clipboard was ~32K. Using Edge, the amount of HTML put on the clipboard was ~108K, over 3 times as much. 

Curiously, when I then export to HTML, the amount exported is less for the Edge-generated note. It may mean thta Evernote doesn't handle some of the Edge HTML in the same way. You'd need to look at the HTML that's put on the clipboard in both cases, and compare them.

On 10/31/2017 at 8:18 AM, lhb said:

I have also problems with pasting from Edge, as opposed to pasting from Chrome.

I am using the latest Evernote (6.8.3.6052 (306052) Prerelease (CE Build ce-1.30.2726)), Chrome, and Edge (Microsoft Edge 41.16299.15.0).

Copy/paste text, eg, from Wikipedia, from Edge to Evernote does not paste any hyperlinks, whereas copy/paste text from Chrome to Evernote works OK. Is this related?

Still persistent in the latest version of the day,  6.13.12.7353 (307353) Prerelease (CE Build ce-47.0.5287

Hyperlinks from Edge are not pasted, have to resort to Chrome.

On 10/31/2017 at 8:04 PM, lhb said:

I filed a ticket for my copy/paste problem.

That was ticket 2262102, and I went through the usual hoops, such as providing an activity log. 

The latest reply from support, before the ticket was of course closed, was:

I am able to reproduce this exactly as you've shown it. I've gathered all of the very helpful information you provided and reported this to the development team.

I'm going to close this ticket while the development team investigates the issue. We may reach out to you if we need more details.

As a possible workaround, you shouldn't notice the issue when using a different browser like you mentioned - i.e. Chrome. I also did not not notice this issue on an older version of Edge (40.15063.67l4.0).

I don't have an estimate for when this will be fixed but keep updating so you always have the latest fixes when they are released.

Archived