Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×

Idea

Please let us select the thumbnail picture shown in the note previews.

I read the forum and I saw there is an annoying work around, but that's why I'm requesting this feature for real. Something like:

• right click the image and select "Use this as Preview image" (I believe this should be the easiest to implement)

• right click the note preview and select "Pick a thumbnail" that leads to a small selection of the images available inside that note

• right click the image and set a priority that overrides the current priority

These are just ideas, but any of those would be amazing so we have decent control over the thumbnail pic!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 replies to this idea

On 2017/10/1 at 3:53 AM, Pyrefox said:

I read the forum and I saw there is an annoying work around, but that's why I'm requesting this feature for real. Something like:

• right click the image and select "Use this as Preview image" (I believe this should be the easiest to implement)

• right click the note preview and select "Pick a thumbnail" that leads to a small selection of the images available inside that note

• right click the image and set a priority that overrides the current priority

These are just ideas, but any of those would be amazing so we have decent control over the thumbnail pic!

Over 6 years.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2017 at 3:53 PM, Pyrefox said:

This is already an existing request: 

You should head there and add your vote.

EVERNOTE WHY ARE YOU NOT LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!

YOU HAVE COMPLETELY IGNORED OUR REQUESTS TO SELF-DETERMINE OUR THUMBNAIL PICTURE!

• Like 2

This is a popular idea... 4 different requests... come on, Evernote!

4 hours ago, ctash said:

This is a popular idea... 4 different requests... come on, Evernote!

There's no need to repeat posts all over the forum. But do feel free to add your vote to any feature request you agree with. It's up at the top, top triangle to vote up...

I have been trying to figure Evernote our for several  years and it has been driving me nuts. I’m so glad that others are having the same problem. I made a family shared recipe folder and I just want to be able to pick my thumbnail, some of my recipes are scanned from old recipe cards and often Evernote wants to use the scanned recipe card as the thumbnail instead of the photo of the food. Is there a way to fix this?

13 hours ago, Steve Kowalski said:

Is there a way to fix this?

There is no way to choose which image is used, in any of the Evernote clients, at least at this time.

The only way is to have exactly one image in your note (which "wins" by default), or make sure that the image you want 

You can also try to arrange that your preferred image meets the "largest-smallest" criterion, described here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/25981-request-ability-to-select-image-to-display-in-card-view/#comment-388976. Tedious, I know...

Hi everyone

Shocking to realise that this possibility doesnt exist!

I am a new user and have been looking for the best tool to build my recipe collection with. I thought Evernote was it.

I have been looking for specifically a tool that would alow me a visual overlook of favorite recipees in different cateories. Thumbnails is so nice and easy to scan when you are lkooking for inspiration in your own archives.

Can anyone recommend an alternative service where this is possible?

I cancelled my Evernote account partly due to this issue. Impossible to believe that an app whose sole purpose is to organize notes would drop the ball on such an obviously basic feature.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Futureman said:

I cancelled my Evernote account

Please share information on your alternative solution for storing/organizing your data.

46 minutes ago, Futureman said:

I cancelled my Evernote account partly due to this issue. Impossible to believe that an app whose sole purpose is to organize notes would drop the ball on such an obviously basic feature.

I would like to select my images too but cancelling over this seems a little like tossing the baby out with the bath water, but hey, if it is that important to you.