Bug - Lost Character Spacing in Clipping and HTML Export (Urgent)

I'm using the latest release of Evernote for Windows, but this bug has been around since about 4/20/2017 (coincidence? ;)

I clip a lot of guitar chord songs and write poetry, where the spacing among characters is *very* important, since it denotes timing.  I use Courier New since it is a Monospaced font.

In the last couple of versions, this spacing is no longer maintained in either web clipping (or even just plain copy/paste).  Even more important for me is that it is not retained in HTML export (which I then use to create eBooks).

These new notes are worthless to me, even after spending way too much time manually putting the spaces back in place.  Here's an example original :

Am     G               D/F#
So that I can feel ... the rain
Clipped, copied or exported:

Am G D/F#
So that I can feel ... the rain

Pretty easy to see the problem here.  Please, please, please fix this back to how it used to work?

Even in non-music/poetry note spacing can be extremely important (I can't be the only one who has noticed this?  All I found in the forum search was about line spacing.)

Thank you, John

P.S. I tried to Report a bug at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=176617 several times, but it never gave me a form to fill out :(

2017-09-29_200209.png

• Level 5

I don't have an answer for the spacing issue (which sounds very problematic). The problem getting the support form to work is a common one; I've run into it several times. It has to do with the Sign In link in the top right of the page. Yes, you're already signed in; but the system doesn't believe it. You have to sign out (probably from your https://evernote.com/ Web page), then go to the support page, sign back in, and click through the drop-downs. You may have to do it more than once, but eventually, more or less randomly, it will give you a green submit ticket button.

Archived