Powerful Note Editor in Windows Version

VegasVec

Idea

The editor functions are severely lacking in the Windows version.  It would be great to tap into the power of Microsoft Office and allow for Word-like functionality. For example, it is painfully difficult to create tables with colored backgrounds and fonts.  It would be so useful to have notes that are highly customized.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, VegasVec said:

It would be great to tap into the power of Microsoft Office and allow for Word-like functionality.

I find the Evernote editor adequate for basic notes; for serious work I use dedicated editors like Word/Pages, Excel/Numbers, ...

I add the documents as a note attachment; Evernote works well with office documents

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, VegasVec said:

Additionally, the editors vary in features between Mac & Windows versions.  There are things I can do on a Mac I can't do in Windows.  That seems bizarre to me.

Yeah, and some of the chaos in recent months has been the result of EN introducing the "standard" editor.  More to come I suppose.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, VegasVec said:

Additionally, the editors vary in features between Mac & Windows versions.  There are things I can do on a Mac I can't do in Windows.  That seems bizarre to me.

Just to expand on what @csihilling said; as far as I know, the editors in the Windows and Mac were wholly different, and not based on any shared code. They were both developed as native apps, so not all that surprising. Both now share a common editing engine, but there's still fine tuning to be done to make them fit into their respective clients.

Archived