Bug: Text formatting in Web App

natematykiewicz

Idea

Side Note: I have a basic account. From everything I've read, it seems that this means I don't have the ability to report bugs. I think you should reconsider that. I understand not wanting to provide customer support to free people as that costs money, but at least make it easy for people to help better your product by alerting you of bugs. A bug reported by a free person helps your paid customers as well.

The issue: When editing on the web editor, if you have the font settings all normal (Gotham 14) and you copy/paste a line of text, the pasted text will look fine on your web app, but smaller than the rest of the text on your iPad app. Looking at the inspector in Chrome, the problem seems to be that if you're using the default font size of 14px, all of the span tags actually have no font size declared, but if you paste in text that was 14px, you'll now have a `font-size: 14px;` style on the span. This text actually renders small on the iPad. Maybe this means that the iPad's default font size is more like 16px? I don't know. But, the difference seems to be this extra inline CSS rule. Since there's already a `font-size: 14px;` CSS rule on `#en-note`, this difference is not visible in the web editor. The only fix seems to be highlighting all of your text and re-setting the font size. It's especially annoying when you're wanting to re-order a lot of text in a note.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, natematykiewicz said:

Side Note: I have a basic account. From everything I've read, it seems that this means I don't have the ability to report bugs.

Moved to the web forum

Evernote has set up these forums to obtain feedback from users.  You can report bugs here

Not sure if this is related - or just similar symptom - but I get the opposite issue.

My notes created/edited in the web-editor seem to default to Gotham, 14 - which is fine.

But when I then edit the note on iOS Evernote app - if I add some text - it looks the same in the app - but then appears in a different, smaller font when I view the note back in the web client.

Have to use the 'remove formatting' button all the time in the web-app - which puts the font back to the same as the rest of the note.

Very annoying.

Archived