Cannot resize an oversized column in Top List View

I just installed the Evernote app for Mac and was setting up the screen layout to my preferences. First I switched the view to "Top List View," then I started resizing the columns so I could read everything. Unfortunately, when I resized the "Title" column by double clicking on the right edge of the "Title" column header (similar to what I do in Excel to auto-resize a column to fit to contents), it resized that column to take up the entire screen, and now I cannot resize it to be any smaller! When I put my cursor over the right edge of the column, instead of resizing the column it wants to resize the overall app window, since the column now stretches to the edge of the app.

Any ideas for how to resize a column when I can't access the edge of the column??

I've already tried:

1. Removing the Title column from the view and adding it back. The old sizing is remembered and it takes up the whole screen as soon as I add it back.
  2. Re-ordering the columns so that the Title column is between two others. It doesn't make a difference - Title still takes up the whole window and I can't view the other columns.
  3. Toggling between view modes (i.e., Side List View, Top List View, Card View, etc.). Changing settings in the other view modes does not seem to affect the Top List View settings.

I'm willing to uninstall and reinstall the app if needed, but wondered if there is an easier way to fix this.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 15.10.20 .png

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  If you still have this issue,  I'd suggest trying to log out of Evernote and back in,  or completely restarting your device to see whether you get back any control.  Assuming that doesn't work,  about the only thing you have left seems to be an uninstall / reinstall...

Archived