PenockiO

Evernote 8.4 crash when open app on iOS 11

Before I upgraded to evernote 8.4 on iOS 10.x (the first date of evernote updated launch in app store, before iOS 11 launch for updated about 2 days), the app worked fine.  After upgraded, I cannot open the application to work, it 's just popping up and crash. However It still appear in the background task when I double click the home button, I can see the app but cannot activate it to work. I read the support page for this situation and tried every instruction on the page. They didn't work. I tried to delete and reinstall many times. The result are the same. After reinstall : I can sign-in and sync then open the list as normal. When I try to get in edited mode or begin to edit something in a note the app will crash (close automatically).  So I cannot send the activity log to the evernote support team after the crash event. When the iOS 11 ready for download, I updated to the new iOS version. But the symptom remain the same (nothing change). I already submitted the ticket a few days ago to the support but there is no response excepted the one email to notify me the ticket number. 

Has anyone encountered the same problem with me or has a solution ?
Thank you. 

I found a solution. I tried to restore my iPhone 7+ then sync backup. It worked well but needed to spend more time. 

I upgraded to iOS 11 on my iPhone 6s last week and to Evernote 8.4.357715 a few days ago.  Now, as of yesterday, no new notes are being synced to or from the iPhone.  Syncing is current on all other devices: Windows desktop, Evernote web, and Evernote for Android (on my Samsung tablet).  Is there an issue with the latest Evernote for iOS 11?  Please help!  Thanks! 

22 hours ago, mtrepetto said:

I upgraded to iOS 11 on my iPhone 6s last week and to Evernote 8.4.357715 a few days ago.  Now, as of yesterday, no new notes are being synced to or from the iPhone.  Syncing is current on all other devices: Windows desktop, Evernote web, and Evernote for Android (on my Samsung tablet).  Is there an issue with the latest Evernote for iOS 11?  Please help!  Thanks! 

Not aware of a syncing issue,  though there are other posts about crashes (see above).  @Justin Street - can't seem to find a release thread for 8.4,  which is where all these comments could be gathered:  did I miss it,  or is that on someone's overdue list?  

I am definitely still having the syncing issue to the iPhone.  I even uninstalled and then reinstalled Evernote on my phone and not all of my notes came back.  I missing all notes on my phone going back to November 2015.  Notes before that date seem to be there.  In addition, after going to "Account" to determine the sync status, I see this: "Last synchronized: Never".  It has been like that for 21 hours now.  So, in this state, Evernote on my iPhone is unusable. 

UPDATE: With the today's update to version 8.4.1.357747, the sync issues have been resolved.

Edited by mtrepetto
Updated status

The New update version 8.4.1 (I updated it today) made my iPhone 7+ crash again after working fine from restore and backup sync (latest issue with 8.4). I tried to do any step but it didn't work. I am boring with this situation (disrupted my work so much). I don't want to spend much more time to restore my iPhone again and sync a lot of processes included Apple Watch paring. So I must be familiar with Other programs instead such as OneNote.  The support team has no response for so long.

Same crash issue here on iPhone 6 iOS 11 and 11.0.1, Evernote 8.4.1. No problem on iPad Pro 12.9 iOS 11 and 11.0.1

The support team suggested me to uninstall evernote app in apple watch. It work like a magic. Sorry for delay reply.

• Like 1

I am also having the EXACT same problem as described in the opening message by Penocki0.  This is happening on an iPhone SE.  The app simply flashes and then drops out on launch.  It also shows a background page but cannot do anything from there.  I'm not sure when it started since I'm not a daily user.  I am still running iOS 10.3.3 to give iOS 11 some time to stabilize.  This is the first tech issue I have ever had with Evernote.  The support ticket application warned me of an overload and a reply shouldn't be expected too soon.  That brought me here.  I was RELIEVED to find someone else with my EXACT same problem and it wasn't "Just Me".  Thanks!  I'm hoping a solution presents itself...

I am having the same issues as the original poster. I just bought an iPhone 8 on Saturday and installed Evernote. If I add a note (phone or Apple watch) it crashes with EVERY open. Tried the instructions, uninstall, reinstall, it works until I use it, then consta-crash. I'm a premium user and this is very frustrating.

iPhone iOS 11.0.3

Evernote  8.5.358497