Is the Web client abandoned?

Stuhrer

Idea

• Level 5

The Web Client was last updated more than a year ago. There were rumors that Evernote is working on a new client but it seems to me, nobody cares any more. I am still using it on a daily basis under Linux and I am still hating the work I need at home on my Mac to cope with the shortcomings of the interface and to turn my note into useable ones. Evernote please at least let us know whether there will be a new client for the Web which is more useful. While the number of my notes grows the risk of the need to switch to a different system is getting higher every day.

• Like 5

12 replies to this idea

The web client is completely useless the way it is now.  The UI is impossible, the notes rarely show up on the screen and the lack of customizations is several years behind competitors that are making it more attractive to switch to another platform.  

I have been a premium Evernote user almost as long as the product has been available but this might be the last month I use it.

• Level 5*

Word on the street has it that there's a new version in the works for personal edition users (free, plus, and premium); business users have it already (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209006027-What-s-new-in-Evernote-Web). We'll see how much better it is than the current client, which I use only occasionally, and would find it difficult to use for everyday work.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Yeah - if I remember the quote correctly,  there was a post last year that some new code would be in beta "in the new year..." and we're now running out of 'new year' fairly quickly. 

Even if the development got bogged down or is waiting on HTML 6 for new features,  it would be nice to know that work is still ongoing.

I may be daft, but I'm a little peeved that there is no easy to find (now, this is where maybe someone says.. hey dummy, it's right in front of .. etc) option to offer feedback from within the Win 10 app, browser app, Android app, this website... The option is there to rate the apps but.. it's multiple choice with no (granted, often annoying) 'Tell us more' box at the end for actual feedback (RantRantRant) .. no rant.. just seems odd (assuming, Oh God (etc) I sure hope I didn't miss the huge suggestion box) to me, an obviously spoiled UX brat, that these fine products aren't supported by a team of .. easy to spot.. marketing/sales types. So many companies are succeeding with the 'Hey, get used to us being here for you 24/7!" (While we train our clever, clever bots.) ..

So long story short... I'd like to see being able to right click a link on a page and save that link with the same options, or.. even be able to save the link, without visiting it. Great!, Thanks! .. Just sayin.. Pocket does it.. And.. You guys are so     much     better   than   them .. Oh, looks like the app was updated Oct. 2, 2017.  Bloody hell.. Well, thanks in advance.. off to make sure this hasn't been addressed. ..

<3 Great product. Since we're there anyways.. how about pop up link previews on <hover> + key? heh

Many Thanks.

Craig R.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, jefito said:

Word on the street has it that there's a new version in the works for personal edition users (free, plus, and premium); business users have it already (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209006027-What-s-new-in-Evernote-Web). We'll see how much better it is than the current client, which I use only occasionally, and would find it difficult to use for everyday work.

The screenshot at the top of the link provides a clue as to what is happening with the Windows desktop UI.

I know this is an old thread, but for the past few weeks, I have been unable to login to the web client on a Chromebook [version 75.0.3770.102 (Official Build) beta (32-bit)]. After login, the browser bar displays some gobbledy-goop and then it logs me out. I've cleared cache, cookies, and all the usual stuff to no avail. Client with Chrome browser on a Windows PC works fine, just won't work on the Chromebook. Any advice? Thank you!

• Level 5*
On 6/30/2019 at 1:19 PM, anomefasullo said:

I know this is an old thread, but for the past few weeks, I have been unable to login to the web client on a Chromebook [version 75.0.3770.102 (Official Build) beta (32-bit)]. After login, the browser bar displays some gobbledy-goop and then it logs me out. I've cleared cache, cookies, and all the usual stuff to no avail. Client with Chrome browser on a Windows PC works fine, just won't work on the Chromebook. Any advice? Thank you!

Hi.  Better to raise this in a separate thread as a stand-alone query,  or try Twitter @EvernoteHelps for access to Support.  I've no idea offhand why Evernote Web would be inaccessible from a Chromebook.  There is a block on access from mobile devices - there are apps for that.  Can you try any other browsers like (Chrome based) Brave?

On 6/30/2019 at 5:19 AM, anomefasullo said:

I am running Chrome OS Version 75.0.3770.102 (Official Build) (64-bit). Since my new Chromebox allows me to run Android apps, I mostly use Evernote for Android now. However, I confirmed that I can log in to Evernote for Web (new and older versions). Best of luck finding support through the channels that @gazumped suggests.

• Like 1