Tag menu idea

Kencel

Idea

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

In the Evernote Windows application, if you Shift+Click on a tag in a note header, the tag is added to the current search. It probably would be more discoverable to have a menu entry in the context menu, but at least you can accomplish the same thing.

Hi,

Thanks, but that's not quite it, neither. If there are more tags added to the note, then it filters on all tags, not just the one you push.

The idea was that if you have a projecttag, or whatever, and you find the note some place and need to quickly check related notes with the same tag, you could just push the tag and go to it - as if you pushed the tag in the left menu.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Kencel said:

Thanks, but that's not quite it, neither. If there are more tags added to the note, then it filters on all tags, not just the one you push.

The idea was that if you have a projecttag, or whatever, and you find the note some place and need to quickly check related notes with the same tag, you could just push the tag and go to it - as if you pushed the tag in the left menu.

Sure; I get it that you want a different option. I was pointing out a less well-known capability, in the Evernote for Windows application which does something pretty similar, and is more powerful / flexible, considering that for some users, at least, notes may not be related by just a single tag, but by multiple tags. I should have noted that a shift-click on a tag that already exists in your search context (i.e., in your search information if you have it enabled -- and you probably should: : View / Search Information), then the tag is removed from the current search filter, so you can whittle away tags you're not interested in. Of course, you can  just as well edit  your tag filter in Search Information, too.

BTW, when considering what a click on a tag in the left-panel tag list does: a click on a tag there returns notes in your entire note collection, whereas a Ctrl+Click returns notes in your current search context (notebook or stack). Shift+clicking on a tag in the note header always maintains search context.

Anyways, I upvoted your idea.

• Level 5*
On 2017-09-21 at 12:47 AM, Kencel said:

When you right click on a tag, you would see the option to see the notes with that tag. Now it's just remove, delete and rename (windows)

The menu on Macs has the filter option59c914ebd77ff_ScreenShot2017-09-25at07_36_59.png.d251dbcd815fb6f7a7cdf5b08c9d07dd.png
It would be useful to have all four options

Archived