Atlas / location view

jrcchicago

Idea

Please bring back the Atlas view (or location filter, or whatever you want to call it - it's the function that matters). This is particularly important for mobile devices, but is also very useful on the desktop. Being able to search by latitude and longitude is not a viable substitute. 

Example: I snap a photo in Evernote on my iPhone of an interesting looking restaurant when I dropped my daughter off somewhere. Two years later, we are in the same neighborhood with time for a bite to eat, but we can't remember the name of the restaurant. Before Atlas was removed from the iOS app, this would be another "Evernote for the win!" moment - I could open the app, check notes created nearby, and pull up the photo of the restaurant, giving me the name as well as the precise location. With the current app, there is simply no way to retrieve that information. 

5 replies to this idea

Improve location handling all around! Another example, please let me set the location for any note (not just default to my mobile location). Use case: As a Realtor, if I could import property data sheets and set the address/location Evernote will be my holy grail when combined with an atlas/location view.

Setting the location is easy enough, but without being able to search or filter by location, it is nearly pointless. This was a function that worked well before Evernote removed it. I have tried the IdeaPlaces iOS app as a substitute, but it is cluttered and does not seem to find every note. 

Archived