original acct email misspelled; can't verify, share, export,etc.

I created my account using an Android tablet last year.  I didn't notice at the time, but I misspelled my email address.  When I opened Evernote on my laptop a few months later, I spelled my email correctly.  Now I have two accounts, but cannot move/export/transfer all that I had created in my original account, nor can I edit the original email (or even reset the password), because  it is not valid/doesn't exist and is, therefore, unverifiable. 

I have a mild brain injury, and a free account.  It took me days of searching before I discovered that Help is only available to paid account holders. I am writing this from my web account, but months of notes are in my original account with the invalid email...(I wondered why I repeatedly got the prompt to verify email: there is no such email...ugh)

I am hoping that someone may know  how I can sort this out, and save the months of work I have in the first account.  After spending so much time getting nowhere on this seemingly basic thing, I would also like to ask:  Do you think Evernote is something a mildly brain injured person should even try to work with?  I thought it would make things easier for me...

Thank you in advance.

• Level 5*
On 2017-09-16 at 7:10 PM, alextimestwo said:

I am hoping that someone may know  how I can sort this out, and save the months of work I have in the first account.

If you're using an Android tablet, you have limited options
The Win/Mac platforms have more options

My solution would be to share notebooks between the new accounts
This allows all the notes to be available for viewing, or copying to new notebooks

>>Do you think Evernote is something a mildly brain injured person should even try to work with?

I don't see a problem; you've managed to use a computers and the forum
Your issue above is also common to many users

My process is to not get complicated on the note filing.
I don't worry about notebooks at all and just stuff notes into my Inbox
Periodically I clean out the inbox notebook; setting titles and tags

Evernote's search feature allows me to easily retrieve my date
- either by tags, or text within a note
I save complicated searches and assign them to shortcuts

• Level 5*

...and also - if you're now using the account on a laptop,  and can still log in to the 'wrong email' account,  you should be able to File > Export notes from each notebook into an ENEX file (check the options to make sure that tags are being copied) and then when you have a complete set of exported notebooks,  log into your new account and File > Import all your notebooks into one place.

Beware that there's a fairly low upload limit for Basic accounts so you might have to use Local (unsynced) Notebooks for a whle until you can move all the notes into synced notebooks.

@DTLow 's sharing idea above is also good,  and if you share all your old notebooks with your new account,  you could copy all the notes across that way too...

How to back up (export) and restore (import) notes and notebooks

Share notebooks

FAQ for upload limits

Archived