• Announcements

• Shane D.

Evernote Webinars   12/01/2017

We've recently begun conducting Evernote Webinars for various topics and subjects. Take a look at the Calendar to check them out, and see if they interest you! Keep an eye out as there will be more to come in the future!
Damon_M

Developer Token are not supported anymore?

Idea

Updated:

Developer Tokens were disabled as a precaution for something pending but I don't know what that something is - we'll have to wait for Evernote to provide more info on it. Phil Seeman @phils

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed the generate token link and get this : 

1. Update: the creation of developer tokens is temporarily disabled.

For both Evernote international and yinxiang account.

Checked with tech support:

Evernote

尊敬的用户 blurm,您好!

印象笔记目前没有单独针对笔记metadata的权限设置。
通过OAuth方式无法读取用户的全部笔记,只能创建新笔记或者读取应用笔记本(即用户在授权时指定的笔记本)中的笔记。
Developer Token因安全问题将停止支持,因此目前也不建议使用。

—印象笔记用户支持团队

blurm - 9月15日
oauth认证只能取得用户授权的某一个笔记本的笔记,如何获得用户的全部笔记(只要metadata,不需要内容)?Developer Token?

还可以通过如下方式联系我们:
在微信、微博给我们留言: 搜索『印象笔记』
看看知乎大神怎么用:http://dwz.cn/1ZVKbV
到豆瓣小组与更多用户互动:http://dwz.cn/4IeKL7

[N34GGL-53MJ]

Basically it said Developer Token will not be supported soon since the security issues, and not recommanded to use it.

I'm working with a chrome extension to fuzzy search notes, so I need to cache all notes' metadata. Right now, is there anyway can do this?

• Thanks 1

22 replies to this idea

So it seems that there is a security concern related to the use of developer tokens.  I use my develop token in a python script to access my notebook and tag lists to construct a notebook/tag string that I can add to anything that I send to EN via email.  Does anyone know another way to capture these lists within a script? 

Thanks

1 minute ago, JayF said:

Does anyone know another way to capture these lists within a script? 

Which device?  I use applescript on a Mac; no tokens required

Good point.  I am using Editorial on my iPad Pro.  The ability to send anything to a specific “place” in EN (via the share by email option) while using my ipad is pretty nifty. The tagging option in Evernote’s  “Share to” IOS dialog is very cumbersome because it requires me to scroll through my long list of tags. 

If I switch to my mac, the EN webclipper will work well instead, but your applescript possibilities sound interesting. 

Jay

I also use a python script to generate certain notes and tags daily, so this issue has been driving me crazy.

Good news is that today, I was able to finally get a new developer token and everything is running smooth again.

• Thanks 1

On 2017/9/28 at 10:18 AM, jjjchens235 said:

I also use a python script to generate certain notes and tags daily, so this issue has been driving me crazy.

Good news is that today, I was able to finally get a new developer token and everything is running smooth again.

Updated:

I think it's back to normal again.

image.thumb.png.9f0874a015e30c8886ff6d82dfe5f1ce.png

Can anybody else confirm this?

Mine:

image.png.12651ae665c652791b16faeada23c2c1.png

Still.

Edited by kttann

I just renew my subscription and found out the developer token is not supported. It's really ticked me OFF! I want my money back! 

image.thumb.png.7e263291774f3e30daf5f94ff07b8f29.png

On 9/28/2017 at 9:39 PM, kttann said:

Updated:

I think it's back to normal again.

image.thumb.png.9f0874a015e30c8886ff6d82dfe5f1ce.png

Can anybody else confirm this?

Mine:

image.png.12651ae665c652791b16faeada23c2c1.png

Still.

Are you sure? I still got the Warning.

24 minutes ago, Damon_M said:

Are you sure? I still got the Warning.

I just switched to another EN account to test for you and the warning showed up for this account while no warning for my main account.
It could be different for each account.

Maybe you should wait a little bit and retry.

Evernote developer support is not done in this forum; please use StackOverflow with a tag of "Evernote" for developer questions and issues.

11 hours ago, Sunny Sigara said:

@Austin G

The link you gave me ask me to reset my password and not resetting my token.

https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action is a direct link to our support form. Please use that link to contact support to receive a new token.  If you're not signed in to Evernote Web you will first be prompted to login.

Try using this link  to sign in. After you're signed in, use the link above to get to the support form. 

Which selections should I make when once I have followed the support login link? https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

I've checked under My Account, Technical Issues, Feedback and Communication, How to use Evernote. None of these seem to allow me to contact an agent to request a developer token. Has anyone had any luck with what choice I should go for?