Web clipper doesn't capture embedded twitter posts

Greg Allen

Idea

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Because of the way that items like facebook articles and twitter posts are embedded into web pages I don't believe Evernote can copy the content.  This may be the intent of the owning page. 

There's nothing to 'fix' since the page,  and clipper are operating as expected.  Depending on how you're using the twitter information,  you may find that IFTTT (or another automation service) can connect Twitter direct to Evernote...

https://ifttt.com/applets/108658p-save-the-tweets-you-like-as-individual-notes-in-evernote

• Level 5*
On 2017-09-14 at 7:17 AM, Greg Allen said:

Evernote and web clipper are great products, but they almost never capture embedded twitter posts when using the "simplified article" capture. Capturing twitter posts is an important aspect of how I use evernote for my job.

I’ve found that screen grabs or pdf captures avoids the html gotchas I run into

I would like to hear back from Evernote themselves on this idea.  I could care less who owns the page, or how its constructed because I know software can at a minimum figure out the borders of such content and take a screenshot, manipulate as needed and post into the Evernote capture stream.  Then easily enough make the URL available as an embedded link and maybe even capture enough metadata to paste with the image.

We are talking archive and functional use.  I would appreciate some action take to capture both Twitter, Facebook and other content, even if its "hard". Just figure out the best possible way, including a psuedo screen shot and go from there.   Thanks.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, rhawk301 said:

I would like to hear back from Evernote themselves on this idea. 

Hi.  Submit a support request.

2 minutes ago, rhawk301 said:

software can at a minimum figure out the borders of such content and take a screenshot,

Subject to annoying things like legality and copyright...