• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
Pastor Wynn

Why the Price Hike?

Pastor Wynn    1

I just checked the upcoming renewal on my Premium account.  My debit card on filed had to be updated.  Of course, the only place to do that is in doing a supposed "upgrade" to Premium (which I have already had for several years).  That's when it told me I would be billed for $69.99.  Is that true?

It went from $45 to $49 last year.  That's understandable.  Am I understanding that it will go $69.99 next week when it renews?

If so, why the $21 increase.  There are competitive products on the market now that have closed in on Evernote's capabilities, and they are much less expensive options.  If the $69.99 is true, I may need to reconsider my options.

Don't get me wrong, I have LOVED EN for several years.  I don't want to change, but at $70 per year, it may be necessary since there are less expensive and viable options available now, which were not available when EN was introduced.  

If this annual price hiking continues, EN may soon price themselves out of the market.  I could see it, if they had added great features, but they have not done anything innovative in a while.

Thanks,
Dr. Marty O. Wynn
Columbus, GA

DTLow    2,238
7 hours ago, Pastor Wynn said:

If this annual price hiking continues

I'm not seeing "annual price hiking"

The price increase was over a year ago.
This was a large jump, but it was explained this adjustment was made as Evernote switched from a venture funded company.  I posted the link below to the price change discussion

>>Am I understanding that it will go $69.99 next week when it renews?

That's what I'm seeing for my Premium account.  I have the option of downgrading to Plus, or Basic

>>there are less expensive and viable options available now, which were not available when EN was introduced.  

I've been checking alternative services, but I'm not seeing the features I value in the Evernote service