So Evernote just stops working when you exceed your 60mb limit? I mean I can't even type in or edit a note..? I thought the 60mb was only for syncing. Is this normal that I cannot still use Evernote without syncing?

• To be clear - when I type I can type 1-2 letters and then it stops (sooo frustrating) working and a red exclamation mark appears up over the sync wheel. Pasting is completely disabled. I am not trying to sync (as my limits up), just need to be able to still add/edit notes (offline).

• I am running on a Mac Sierra and have the latest app version of Evernote.

• Any help would be much appreciated.

• Level 5*
On 2017-09-12 at 7:46 PM, ultrafidelio said:

I am not trying to sync (as my limits up), just need to be able to still add/edit notes (offline).

Are you using local notebooks?

• 9 months later...

Seems I messed up. 

I used Evernote to enhance my notes which are many.

sometime last year the ***** began to turn. Went hiking and had a medical emergency with my son. No signal meant the preparedness And first aid info was not available? It used to be. Seems a bit much to me. 

Now they are locked down despite the most minimal of use per week. I’m talking maybe opening 10 notes a week. I got a message now that says I reached my 60 MB limit and it will not reset for 26 days. I wish I could just export them all at once and go back to using Apple‘s notes… Which sadly improved itself and added more features as soon as I went to Evernote/ was committed there.

And now i have to spent $60 a year to unlock the data on their cloud. Data no longer on my phone if I’m not connected to the network. Which would explain why the thing is so darn slow even on my iPhone 8.

i know they deserve money but the timing is as bad as it gets for me. 

My advice? Stick to apple’s notes app. Or pay for Evernote if u can afford it. But it would have nice to have known this going in. 

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, John Parziale said:

And now i have to spent $60 a year to unlock the data on their cloud. Data no longer on my phone if I’m not connected to the network. Which would explain why the thing is so darn slow even on my iPhone 8.

You should be able to still access your data.  You just can't edit it or add to it if you have exceeded your monthly limit.  You can sign up for Premium for only a monthly if you need to temporarily upload more data.  

On the iPhone, to access data when you are offline, you need to select which notebooks you want access to so the data will be downloaded to your phone.  See settings - Notebooks - Offline Notebooks.

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, John Parziale said:

I wish I could just export them all at once

There is an export feature on the Mac/Windows platforms. 

Archived