Tables not printing correctly

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

? There's a quote from an Evernote Employee in there: 

"Thank you for reporting this, our development team is aware of this and are investigating the issue. If you click on the options tab in one of the table cells and select "Match note width" does that help you print the full table?"

If there's more information it will be posted in that thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/2/2017 at 10:16 PM, gazumped said:

? There's a quote from an Evernote Employee in there: 

"Thank you for reporting this, our development team is aware of this and are investigating the issue. If you click on the options tab in one of the table cells and select "Match note width" does that help you print the full table?"

If there's more information it will be posted in that thread.

Hi! Any further updates?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 19/12/2017 at 8:20 PM, John Elliott said:

Seriously, I don't view this as a minor bug--significantly impeding my ability to use Evernote with my team. When can we expect a fix??

Sorry,  Evernote don't (usually) give timescales - they'll release when they can.  

• 2 weeks later...

I too am struggling to print tables -- just occasionally, which is almost worse. Currently a two column table shows up on my screen, but only the left column prints. I've tried adjusting column widths, copying it into a new table, creating the note from scratch, shutting everything down -- any tips or fixes please?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you mphmph for a great tip with printing out in Chrome!

It works, not perfectly (doesn't print colour properly) but it's a good solution.

I hope that Evernote will solve this problem and printing tables won't be an issue.

Hello Evernote,

Since the last update, I have faced problem in printing.

Please fix it. It has been awhile. It's a question of "technicality" of the reputation of EVERNOTE.

Please see 2 illustrative screenshots

Jonathan

Ton888cfp@gmail.com

Cell (7140 466-0136

2018-07-01_12-25-08.jpeg.22f8a9dd5f3db2255c2acfc288f530d0.jpeg

2018-07-01_12-27-58.jpeg

• 1 year later...

In case I am not the only one experience this issue in 2020, here is a workaround that saved me:

1. Open the note in the browser version of evernote.

2. Add an extra empty column to the table.

3. Print.

I have a 4-column table. With the Desktop version of evernote I could print 2 columns. Taking step 1 above I could print 3.5 columns, i.e. the last column was still cropped. Apparently, half of the last column always get cropped. Therefore step 2.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Just tried using the legacy version for Mac and everything prints perfectly. A clunky methodology, but it works until the app is fixed.

PS Installed version 10.7.6 for Mac today, and the printing issue remains a problem.

• 3 months later...

Wow! I'm stunned that this is a problem going back to 2017!!!  I just tried to print out a simple table and the print out is unusable.  Only the header and one column's content is shown in the print out.  I get the same result printing it out to an Epson ET-4760 printer or saving it as a PDF file.  

I'm writing this in June of 2021, four years after this problem was first mentioned.  And, BTW, downgrading to a legacy version is a pretty poor workaround.

This is a deal breaker and I'm seriously considering moving to a different note app.  Get serious, Evernote!!!

Screenshot 2021-05-28 133034.jpg

Screenshot 2021-05-28 133041.jpg

• Level 5*
On 6/2/2021 at 12:55 AM, Peter Connolly said:

Wow! I'm stunned that this is a problem going back to 2017!!!

The current v10 has something like the third different editor since 2017,  so if it were easy to fix all print issues for all users,  I'm sure Evernote would have done it by now. However many users seem to operate a paper-free system,  so print quality may not be a universally high priority.  Either try another free personal information manager or consider storing your data in a different way.  Maybe use a word-processor that supports tables and save the source file as an attachment? Print the WP file when you need it.

• Like 1