Chantal Leonard

Evernote for Windows 6.7 GA

Idea

[Edit 9/21: to address an intermittent issue where sync fails on login, we've released a dot release. You can download it here, and we've updated the link below to point to this latest version. Thanks!] 

Today we're releasing version 6.7 GA - you cadownload it here. This release includes a fix for a sign in issue for some users seeing a 500 error when signing in, but is otherwise unchanged from 6.7 Beta 3. Stay tuned for our 6.8 Beta 1 coming soon, and please let us know if you have any suggestions for our upcoming versions.  

The release will be available on the Windows Store in the next couple of days. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Windows and the Editor teams! 

--------------------

Full release notes for version 6.7: 

Evernote for Windows 6.7 Release Notes

Fixes and Improvements 

1. Fixed paste + match style behavior where not all content was being pasted as expected
  2. Fixed an issue where local unsynced content disappears when the source notebook is no longer available
  3. Options dialog updates to use standard Windows control for tree navigation
  4. Focus is now set to title or content based on user preference regardless of how new notes are opened (previously only supported when a note is opened in a new window)
  5. Added information on the note editor version in the 'About' dialog to improve root causing of issues
  6. Fixed issue where wrong note is sometimes shown when launching presentation mode
  7. Fixed issue where nothing happens when users click Edit >> Delete option in Single Note View
  8. Fixed issue where some users are encountering a 500 error on sign in. 

-----------------------

Screenshots

Share button now visible by default in the note view

image.png.169b3353f3f7618d0fd54c5398efe0bc.png

See the list of users you've shared a note with directly from the share dialog and edit their permissions inline. 

image.png.655adbe3227750539fd7e640c5c9a289.png

34 replies to this idea

tavor    313
32 minutes ago, Jay-Bob said:

We've seen that behavior before, but we haven't been able to reliably reproduce it.

Interesting. 

Is anyone else seeing this font size issue?

• Thanks 1

csihilling    2,592
3 minutes ago, tavor said:

Is anyone else seeing this font size issue?

Not really the same, but I have seen something in tables.  If you highlight a row or column and change the font for that row/column, the default reappears whenever you highlight it again.  The font is accurate the tool bar is not.  

But that is the only place I have seen it, never in a "normal" note.  Default font of Segoe UI Symbol 10 if that makes any difference.

ScreenClip.png.d4463e4438b2899f76032033d8672916.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

kttann    8

The same issue is still there. I know it is not on the fix list for this version.

From now on, I will reply this to every new GA, beta release post. Until someone in Evernote replies to me and tells me whether you are going to fix this issue or not.

The core feature of your product is not functioning properly. Please fix it.

hima-t    3
5 hours ago, kttann said:

The same issue is still there. I know it is not on the fix list for this version.

From now on, I will reply this to every new GA, beta release post. Until someone in Evernote replies to me and tells me whether you are going to fix this issue or not.

The core feature of your product is not functioning properly. Please fix it.

It suffered from the same behavior.
I'm disappointed to hear that this bug has not been fixed, even though 6.7 beta.
It seems that EN team can not recognize the problem, which makes me blue.
I am not saying to reflect any complicated form.
I just want you to paste it without maintaining any plain text, keeping line breaks and line headings blank, "as is".
It seems that this half-yearly behavior is increasingly mysterious every time it is released.

• Like 1

OrbWeaver    28

It's getting there. This "6.7.4 GA" release lasted longer than previous releases on my system. The paste-and-match-style does exactly what I need it to do (others obviously need something different) but the tables wouldn't allow resizing and the text in the cells was not formatted to keep it within the now fixed cell width. It insisted on having a scroll bar so I could move left and right in the cell.

I say this version lasted longer than others because it stayed on my system for close to 5 minutes before I reverted to 6.3.3.

I'm wondering if this is an example of the developers fixating on "new" and "more" features before getting the exist stuff down 100%. It's a common syndrome and I've been guilty of it myself many times in my 40+ years of software development, but I always had a boss that told me to sit back and fix what was broken before fixing what ain't broken.

• Like 3

Liam Gretton    72
25 minutes ago, OrbWeaver said:

I'm wondering if this is an example of the developers fixating on "new" and "more" features before getting the exist stuff down 100%. It's a common syndrome and I've been guilty of it myself many times in my 40+ years of software development, but I always had a boss that told me to sit back and fix what was broken before fixing what ain't broken.

They do seem to be keen to rush out GA versions before the acknowledged bugs in the beta have been fixed.

• Like 2

JohnLongney    51

:angry: Still not able  to get  decent print through Evernote!

@Chantal Leonard

if you are short of a standard office printer for testing let me know, provided you carry the postal charges  I'll send one off immediately.  

We are into version 6.7 by now and I am beginning to wonder whether anybody at your place ever had any practical experience with Evernote,  because even when exported to html formatting goes to pot.

It's about time we all saw some long-standing wishes implemented but at the speed and reliability your Windows team works next decade  seem more realistic than within the next 12 months before one gets a decent print out of Evernote. 

Pathetic state and never even an apology. 

• Like 1

kttann    8
16 minutes ago, Chantal Leonard said:

@Liam Gretton @JohnLongney we hear you on the print experience. Stay tuned - we should have something for you in a few betas. 

@Chantal Leonard

How about my copy-pasting experience?

Here, let me help you.
"We are aware of this issue, and will soon/not investigate/fix it."
I have already typed that for you. Just copy that line and reply to me.

Come on, how hard can that be?

• Thanks 1

This version is still not syncing for me (based in China). Can you please take a look?

Below is the activity log:

18:16:37 [INFO   ] [7432] [9224] Client synchronization started
18:16:37 [INFO   ] [7432] [4532] 0% Loaded updateCount: 6139
18:16:37 [ERROR  ] [7432] [4532] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 500, error: Internal Server Error
18:16:37 [INFO   ] [7432] [9224] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
18:16:37 [ERROR  ] [7432] [9224] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected problem server side
18:16:39 [INFO   ] [7432] [1840] Registered session count: 1, last session: 2017/09/13 18:15:00
18:16:40 [ERROR  ] [7432] [9932] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 500, error: Internal Server Error

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

gustavgi    220

6.7 GA still has the major PITA bug where the text is missing spaces, even though the spaces are there in the title and on every other device (android, iOS, web). I permanently corrupt every note I edit on v.6.6-v.6.7 that has this problem.. :angry:

@Chantal Leonard I think it's unacceptable that this type of bug that ruins note content is allowed in not one, but two GA releases..

Compare the auto-populated text in the title to the text in the note attached. It should not be "uppdragatt" (uppdrag att) and "varpraxis" (var praxis) and so on throughout the text...

example.enex

• Like 1

kttann    8
21 hours ago, Chantal Leonard said:

@kttann hopefully you caught the response from one of my teammates in one of the previous announcements. We have logged the issue and are investigating. 

Unfortunately, I didn't catch any of your response.

Since currently there are so many issues being reported and fixed, maybe you should consider opening an issue tracking system as suggested in another topic here.

It would save a lot of time for both Evernote employees and users who would like to follow issues.

• Like 1

Apolino    0
On 9/13/2017 at 6:19 PM, Quentin Chen said:

This version is still not syncing for me (based in China). Can you please take a look?

Below is the activity log:

18:16:37 [INFO   ] [7432] [9224] Client synchronization started
18:16:37 [INFO   ] [7432] [4532] 0% Loaded updateCount: 6139
18:16:37 [ERROR  ] [7432] [4532] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 500, error: Internal Server Error
18:16:37 [INFO   ] [7432] [9224] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
18:16:37 [ERROR  ] [7432] [9224] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected problem server side
18:16:39 [INFO   ] [7432] [1840] Registered session count: 1, last session: 2017/09/13 18:15:00
18:16:40 [ERROR  ] [7432] [9932] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 500, error: Internal Server Error

@Chantal Leonard Hi, I'm having the same issue. Simply cannot sync either with without a VPN in China. Is there anything you guys could do to fix these?

Thank you

11 hours ago, Apolino said:

@Chantal Leonard Hi, I'm having the same issue. Simply cannot sync either with without a VPN in China. Is there anything you guys could do to fix these?

Thank you

Hey Chantal, you don't need to use VPN to sync in China. This version has fixed the issue. Austin from Evernote told me what you need to do is sign out and sign in again. However there is a catch. I signed out and signed in; the sync was working, but I lost all my local changes between my last successful sync and the first sync after signing in again. Austin is investigating what went wrong. If you're concerned with this, you can wait for some time, or perform a backup of your local changes before signing out and signing in.

Apolino    0
1 hour ago, Quentin Chen said:

Hey Chantal, you don't need to use VPN to sync in China. This version has fixed the issue. Austin from Evernote told me what you need to do is sign out and sign in again. However there is a catch. I signed out and signed in; the sync was working, but I lost all my local changes between my last successful sync and the first sync after signing in again. Austin is investigating what went wrong. If you're concerned with this, you can wait for some time, or perform a backup of your local changes before signing out and signing in.

Chantal is the moderator of the group. I, the user with the syncing issue, am Sergio.
Also, who is Austin?
Also, how did you manage to sync with a VPN connected, I have been in this country for a few years now and most of the times syncing worked only with the mention VPN program running.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote numerous times with a selection of the versions out there, always with the same result of not being able to get the sync done. 

Do you any information you can share on how to get this solved? @Quentin Chen or @Chantal Leonard

eric99    77
On 9/14/2017 at 3:22 AM, kttann said:

Since currently there are so many issues being reported and fixed, maybe you should consider opening an issue tracking system as suggested in another topic here.

It would save a lot of time for both Evernote employees and users who would like to follow issues.

You can try to do that in Evernote, always good to use your own software :-;

• Haha 1

jefito    4,222
On 9/13/2017 at 9:22 PM, kttann said:

If they quoted you (and I believe that Evernote folks generally try to do that), you should get an indication that they responded to you.

Beyond that, Evernote hasn't seemed to be interested in opening up their bug-tracking stuff to the outside world. *shrug*

kttann    8
7 hours ago, jefito said:

If they quoted you (and I believe that Evernote folks generally try to do that), you should get an indication that they responded to you.

Yes, I am aware of the notification bell. AFAIK, before the last reply Chantal Leonard made, they didn't directly quote me or reply to me on this issue.

N. Lum    2
On 9/12/2017 at 11:34 PM, Chantal Leonard said:

@Liam Gretton @JohnLongney we hear you on the print experience. Stay tuned - we should have something for you in a few betas. 

I was really looking forward to the update that would fix the printing the colors in the tables--and it is still NOT fixed.  I really don't understand why you all did this general release, which I really don't notice any changes at all!!!

• Like 1

Wux    8

Fixed paste + match style behavior where not all content was being pasted as expected

I have followed the discussion a bit - this feature still has not reverted back to the old behaviour, regardless of what ist posted here by us users.

It's funny with these things - somebody in the Evernote management must have decided to shredder a perfectly functioning feature that nobody has complained about + invested money and manpower in it to make it unusable for nearly everyone. And EN still does not revert it just back to what it once was and what everybody (except the said management) expects: insert as plain text.

And instead of giving us back the old functionality you insist on "making this feature better" which was one of the things that already just did what it was expected to do.

My complain: links are still pasted as links. I know that for some people that is what they want. It is not what I want in my use cases, and I REALLY want the old functionality "paste as plain text" back.

EDIT: Okay I have decided to stop complaining and hoping that EN will hear me. For everybody who uses AutoHotKey: here is the script to get the "paste as plain text" for every application:
https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/10412-paste-plain-text-and-copycut/
I have placed it on Strg-Shift-V (^+v) instead of Strg-Win-V (^#v), so I will never have to see the "special paste without style except those we think you really want to keep" on EN again, but to each its own.

• Like 1

Jay-Bob    12

@tavorThank you for mentioning you still see this on the 6.7 GA. Our development team is continuing to investigate for a fix, but no ETA yet on when to expect it.