• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  

Hello,

I'm trying to apply as a student to get 50% off but my university doesn't offer student e-mail. Can I apply using my Student ID or something?

Thanks!

On 9/11/2017 at 6:15 AM, vitulo said:

Hello,

I'm trying to apply as a student to get 50% off but my university doesn't offer student e-mail. Can I apply using my Student ID or something?

Thanks!

Hi @vitulo

To be eligible, you must be currently enrolled in a college or university and have a valid, eligible email address from this list. To make it easier to find your domain, use Ctrl+F or Cmd+F to do a quick search. We do not have an alternate way to determine eligibility at this time. 

If you’d like to submit an email domain for review, please fill out this survey

Do you also have to be a basic user? I'm a long time Evernote user (since 2010), but I teach at a college. It'd be nice to have the 50% off, but I've been a premium user for a long while now.

The 50% off would apply for people creating and accounting or upgrading. People who are already using Premium aren't eligible. Evernote does offer a discount for educational institutions that are using Evernote Business. Take a look at this link: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314258

If this does turn out to be of interest, could I ask a favor? When creating any additional account, could you use this link: bit.ly/buckevernote 

I am an Evernote Certified Consultant, and it gives me credit for new customers being added.

I would send them  a copy of your student-ID just as some sought  of evidence that you are indeed a student.

19 hours ago, DrFrankBuck said:

The trigger is that the email address is an .edu domain. The student ID would neither help nor hurt.

In your opinion what would then be a solution if i may ask?

Fina36, I looked back at the original question in the thread, the one from Vitulo. There is a private Facebook group for Evernote Certified Consultants. I have posted his question there.

Outside of having an .edu email, I don't know of a way to get the 50% discount. I am hoping I am wrong. If a get a helpful response from the Facebook group, I will post it here.

@Ellen G,  who responded to this thread about 20 days ago to invite Vitulo to complete a survey form,  is an Evernote Employee and (AFAIK) the person most likely to have a definitive answer on this.  The two key points from her post were (I think)

On 20/09/2017 at 4:56 PM, Ellen G said:

We do not have an alternate way to determine eligibility at this time. 

If you’d like to submit an email domain for review, please fill out this survey

If Vitulo did not reply quickly,  or at all,  to that invitation things won't have moved on from there.

@Fina36 - in the absence of any more comment from Evernote,  you could always try filling in the form...

I submitted my student email to get the 50% off the first year upgrade to premium.  I paid the fee by credit card and it said I was eligible.  When I clicked the redeem button it says the discount was applied to an account other than the one I am signed in to.  It ask if I want to change accounts.  I only have one Evernote account.  I've submitted a ticket with no response. I would like to get this resolved seeing it relates to my money.

Account: sdftc66@yahoo.com

student email:   steven.sheppard@students.tesu.edu    I do not have an Evernote account wit this email.  I have submitted a ticket #2234948.  Credit card order #4635078120363413

Name Steven Sheppard

US

Hey @Fina36 @DrFrankBuck,

As  @gazumped pointed out, my post above touches on what to do if you don't currently have an approved student email address:

Not all school domains will be eligible, but by filling out the linked survey, you can get it on our radar for consideration! Feel free to let me know if any other questions come up. 

@guntrainer66 I've been in touch with you via your support request, let me know by email there if anything else comes up.