clipper wth the red dot

robo33

I have had the problem with the red dot for 6 months. I have most recent Firefox (6.12.1.1) and have tried various clipper add ons . The clipper has a red dot. At beginning of session I click on it. It asks for google user name and pword which I enter. Then pop up closes. But nothing else happens  and red dot still there.If I try again it it momentarily  opens then closes.

I have to use the old 6.9.3  for it  to work again. Even then it stops working as soon as I later close the browser and reopen it.

I have turned off all add ons (except clipper) in case of some clash. It is most frustrating and renders clipper unworkable.

Capture.PNG

• Level 5*

Hi.  Do you have your cookie security set to 'high'?  There are several other threads with clipper in various browsers misbehaving because the latest round of updates seems to have left the clipper unable to see that you had logged in previously.  If you can check the settings and adjust (if necessary) to accept cookies from sites you visit,  that might ease your problem.  (Some web searches may be necessary with your exact browser version to confirm how to change cookie security...)

I tried cookies set to 'accept all'. I lowered security to minimal. Made no difference.  I'm using mozilla firefox. I found other posts with the same problem. Looks like it is well known with no fix.

Pop up only appears for a second, and it usually says "you are logged in satisfactorily". Or it says  " you are now logged in. Happy clipping.". Yet red dot still there! If I try and open web clipper again pop up opens only momentarily. 

I assume that this sudden closing of the pop up after half a second is part of the 'bug'.

This makes evernote unfit for use for me.

I have solved the problem. There were two pairs of cookies for google and evernote in the Mozilla/options/privacy/custom history/exceptions. I deleted one pair. Now after a year of trouble my clipper  is working. Looks like having more than one google account/evernote account  is not advisable.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue with Safari 11since installing High Sierra. Firefox (55.03) is fine  Of course on Safari the red dot is gray.  Clicking asks for password the first time then just loops  I don't believe I'm blocking cookies

12 hours ago, csa78749 said:

I'm having a similar issue with Safari 11since installing High Sierra. Firefox (55.03) is fine  Of course on Safari the red dot is gray.  Clicking asks for password the first time then just loops  I don't believe I'm blocking cookies

Hi @csa78749 it sounds like you've actually run into an issue I've provided more information on here: 

Archived