Sync conflicts on Mac since 6.12

Graeme Pyle

Idea

I'm creating a separate topic for this issue, also see 

I'm still getting the conflict problem in Evernote Version 6.12.1 (455453 Direct)

I can't tell you how frustrating this is, and how disappointed in Evernote I am.

How can I fix this problem?

Evernote Support suggested a reinstall (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314248-How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Evernote). I tried this but it doesn't work. I even switched from App Store version to Direct. No luck.

Can you please post a link to an older version of Evernote so I can downgrade?

I revoked access to my Evernote account for everything except my Mac. I still get conflicts. So it has nothing to do with other devices in my case.

5 replies to this idea

My sync problem was acknowledged by Evernote as  known problem, yet to be fixed. I am fairly certain it was only occurring when you also sync to either an older Mac version as well, or to Windows. If you only have one Mac desktop with 6.12.x , do you still encounter the problem?

They did not list this as an issue being fixed by that version. I went down a few paths strewn with red herrings in the hours I spent diagnosing this. A couple of times I thought the issue had gone away because I just wasn't using the other Evernote desktops at the right time.

Until I'm formally notified by Evernote that the bug is fixed, I'm hanging back.

I am also VERY UPSET that this had become a known bug long before the first two levels of support that I was dealing with were willing to acknowledge that, and they regurgitated standard advice and insisted I go through some diagnostic steps, even though it was extremely obvious from my earliest bug report that I was encountering this issue. 

Either Evernote is so riddled with bugs that they can't give support a list of known bugs, or they don't bother.

Yeah, this is a shocker. I can only conclude that Evernote as an organization is dysfunctional. 

I was hoping things would improve after they got rid of that fool Phil Libin and his 100 year plan, but it seems they haven't. The product has stagnated. I'm seriously considering launching my own Evernote competitor :-)

Archived