Give us back the fixed "notebook panel"

capitanevs

Idea

I opened my evernote today (ver 6.4.2.3788) and I realized that the old-fashioned panel containing all the notebooks and stacks was not there.

It has been replaced with a fancy  "contextual-menu" (see picture). It's nice, but it should be an option. Personally, it dramatically reduces my productivity at work. Why? Too many click-n-scroll operations.

Just consider this example: you are constantly working on two  or three stacks of notes. You don't need any "search", simply you keep on jumping from each other all the day long. You have to explore them, sometimes you don't exactly remember if the note you were working at was in stack A or in stack B or C.

Before

with 3 mouse clicks at wrost I could easily found the right stack:  click on A. Is it the right one? Nope. Click on B. Is it it the right one? Nope. Click on C. Is it the right one? Yeah

Now

- Click on the the "notebook icon". Scroll down to the proper notebook, click on A. Is it the right one? Nope. Click on the the "notebook icon"  again . Scroll down to the proper notebook again click on B. Is it the right one? Nope. Click on the the "notebook icon"  again . Scroll down to the proper notebook, again click on C. Is it the right one? Yeah.

But it was hard!

Please, give us back the fixed notebook panel, leaving the context-menu as an option. 

Compactness is as good as mouse-saving ;-) 

Cattura.JPG

1 reply to this idea

I agree. Reducing the notebooks view to a list only limits it usability. My wife is dyslexic and she is horrified she can no longer navigate her notebooks visually (as a grid of icons, grouped in stacks) the way she used to. I don't understand why the interface no longer allows both options? I strongly recommend reintroducing the grid view or risk to alienate some users.

Archived