singhr85

Hate the new notebook view 6.12.1

Idea

Hi,

The list notebook view is extremely bad. I can just go use Asana or MS Notes if I wanted this view. The best part about notebooks is to visually see notebooks and have them stacked. This is a major step back. 

Please allow to revert back. 

Thanks

• Like 5

19 replies to this idea

On 9/10/2017 at 8:38 PM, singhr85 said:

Hi,

The list notebook view is extremely bad. I can just go use Asana or MS Notes if I wanted this view. The best part about notebooks is to visually see notebooks and have them stacked. This is a major step back. 

Please allow to revert back. 

Thanks

You can vote to bring it back.  See the link below

• Like 1

I had the EXACT same reaction: Damn - its like Asana now. Damn!

Even Asana offers a notecard view now - there is something to be said about the visual element of organizing content. Please bring the old notebook view back as on option

• Like 1

I absolutely HATE the new display of Notebooks in a long list.  Really, it's awful.  So bad in fact that even after being an Evernote user for YEARS, I'm thinking of looking for a more elegant solution.  BRING BACK the former view.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2017 at 9:14 AM, Jennifer365 said:

I absolutely HATE the new display of Notebooks in a long list.  Really, it's awful.  So bad in fact that even after being an Evernote user for YEARS, I'm thinking of looking for a more elegant solution.  BRING BACK the former view.

i agree.. when i updated evernote app, the synching with my mac was so bad.. i had to delete and reinstall evernote again.. not sure why the display is so bad.. can we just return to the previous version ..

• Like 1

I agree with what's been previously written, the old view was much better and easier to use than the new list. It also looked nicer, more professional.

It should be possible to choose between views as a matter of personal preference and I ask Evernote to respond to this request.

• Like 1

I am seriously put off by the new view as well. Not only is it a bad view, but it is discouraging that it even made it into implementation. I have always loved Evernote, but lately it seems to be missing the mark.

• Like 1

So BAD!!!!

I started using Apple Notes app a lot due to ease of use (opening immediately, etc) for quick notes/updates. But I still love Evernote for its organizational capability, which I use for more important long term content that I want to remember. 

That means I do not have to log into Evernote as much anymore. Imagine my surprise to have this current notebook layout view. They did this before but still allowed you to revert back to original view. I expected they would learn a lesson when everyone opted for the old view, but now that option seems to have disappeared and the new view permanent.  So unfortunate. 

[I guess reverting back to the old version was so hidden and unadvertised that many people never knew. And Evernote made a business decision based on faulty data.]

6 minutes ago, Better D said:

when everyone opted for the old view

Everyone???  Where are you getting your data from....the vote count on this request

Touche.

If my reckless use of the word Everyone hurt your feelings, I'm sorry. Perhaps I just can't imagine how anyone would like the new view, thereby creating a biased perspective.

Regardless, it's bad... very bad... to everyone that matters.

Could someone please tell me the process to revert Evernote back to the original version? 

I've tried account settings > Evernote web > Go back to the old version. But there's no option to save the change and it doesn't revert back to the original version where folder icons were visible.

This is extremely frustrating!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Totally agree - please bring back the covers or give us the option to see a list view or cover view.  I can't believe you would take away the cover view?  Why?  Seems like it would have been great to just add in a "list view".  

I hate the list view!

• Like 1

Personally, I find the new notebook view effective. I can scan the notebook titles from top to bottom quickly and find what I want. It’s this reason alone that when given a choice between list and grid view, I choose list, unless there is some outstanding visual reason to choose grid (like it’s easier to identify through imagery).

All of the notebooks looked the same, so grid offers no benefit in my opinion; however, as pointed out, my opinion doesn’t matter. 

• Confused 2

Notebook List view not as intuitive and workable.  Old Notebook display method was one of the strongest points of the Evernote product IMHO.  Now Evernote looks, acts, and performs like others in the herd.  For me there is no need to keep paying for Evernote 'Premium'.  I've already started moving my information to another service.  Pity.  Perhaps Evernote could offer some explanation to longtime, loyal customers like me.  I am happy to stay with the product if there is a net-new benefit of the new structure/function.  But I just can't see it.  So it's goodbye Evernote, Hello Onenote.  Best of luck to the Evernote Team.  Up to now, you've been top notch.

• Like 2

First time in 5 years I regret being so deep into my usage of Evernote. 

Hate the new set up. 

Mostly not having one interface where I can view all my notes, where is the benefit to me of having to come out of business and into personal notes (and visa versa). 

• Like 1

Same here. First time in I don't even know how many years, I have to think about what else to use instead of Evernote. This software is like an extension of my body, or like a room in my house. Makes me dizzy thinking I have to change it. Why did they do that?

• Like 2

Please bring back the notebook grid view (at least give the option). Evernote barely useable without it.

• Like 2

From the look of it, I'm done paying for an interface that prevents me from using my notes like I need to.  I need to have a list of my notebooks quickly.  Enough of this ridiculous webby look that may look "simplistic" and "clean", but this is supposed to be a tool for storing and quickly retrieving lots of notes.  Looks over function is never a good idea.  Use this interface for other purposes.

• Like 1

This change is insane. It's one thing to change a layout feature subtly, or to add another layout option. But to have one list option is horrible. I loved being able to see all my stacks and even have stacked opened and be able to see all notebooks on one screen. Now I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and try to figure out what notebook was in what stack. This is a very upsetting update. Reconsidering paying. If layout options are taken away and I now have to scroll forever to find what I'm looking for, then it isn't worth it. I have about 50 notebooks across 20 stacks and hundreds of notes. Just pitiful. 

• Like 1