when switch to VPN, "evernote" cannot sync or log out, it freeze.

windows7 sp1 x64

evernote 6.6.4

Question was more along the lines of how do you have your VPN set up, anything special re EN.   Are you switching countries in the process.  

• Like 1

I have the same issue. Evernote will not sync if I'm on a VPN. I am not switching countries, just going to California from Alabama for work. 

12:55:11 [ERROR  ] [23364] [20524] 0% Can't send HTTP request, error: INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
12:55:11 [INFO   ] [23364] [15232] GA-TEA: Failed to send event (error(800c0005): The system cannot locate the resource specified.)
12:55:11 [INFO   ] [23364] [19880] Client synchronization finished, status: failed

As soon as I go off the VPN it will sync. No other applications are having any issues.

38 minutes ago, YzRacer said:

I have the same issue. Evernote will not sync if I'm on a VPN. I am not switching countries, just going to California from Alabama for work. 

12:55:11 [ERROR  ] [23364] [20524] 0% Can't send HTTP request, error: INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
12:55:11 [INFO   ] [23364] [15232] GA-TEA: Failed to send event (error(800c0005): The system cannot locate the resource specified.)
12:55:11 [INFO   ] [23364] [19880] Client synchronization finished, status: failed

As soon as I go off the VPN it will sync. No other applications are having any issues.

Any firewalls in the mix?

6 hours ago, CalS said:

Any firewalls in the mix?

I don't believe so. The guys in the office where I VPN also have Evernote and have reported no issues. Next time I'm away I'll try to VPN to my house and see if the problem exists on my own VPN.

I use EN with 

5 hours ago, YzRacer said:

I don't believe so. The guys in the office where I VPN also have Evernote and have reported no issues. Next time I'm away I'll try to VPN to my house and see if the problem exists on my own VPN.

I use VPN when at home or traveling without any issues.  Haven’t tried it in an office behind a firewall though.  

On 2/27/2018 at 10:58 AM, YzRacer said:

Can you access Evernote (web app) using Internet Explorer? That's what we use as the connection layer. (I have to connect to VPN at work and have no issues with syncing)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dconnet said:

Can you access Evernote (web app) using Internet Explorer? That's what we use as the connection layer. (I have to connect to VPN at work and have no issues with syncing)

Good catch! Internet Explorer won't go anywhere when I am on VPN. Other browsers work fine. No proxy is configured. I'll submit a ticket with my IT team. Thanks for the tip!

I contacted my help desk and they informed me that nothing on the VPN should cause this issue. Here's what they said:

1. Start Menu -> Settings
  2. Network & Internet
  3. Scroll down to "Network and Sharing Center"
  4. In the bottom left under "See also", select "Internet Options"
  5. Under the "Connections" tab, check the VPN settings for any proxy.  Uncheck any boxes.
  6. Also under the "Connections" tab, check "LAN settings" for any proxy.  Uncheck any boxes.

Unchecking the box that says "Automatically detect settings" is what solved the issue. Evernote is now syncing again over the VPN.

Thanks

I can understand what you are saying, that's why I never a trusted a VPN without reading their review. I have checked the best VPN lists before and mostly I found that Nord VPN is better the Express VPN. I have also read very extensive review of Nord VPN on ReviewsDir, you can also check it there.

I recently switched to NordVPN and it - and Evernote - are working happily for me...

I’ve been using Private Internet Access for a few years and it works well for me.  Seemed to do the best job of preserving bandwidth in the places I use it.  It is fun digging through the hype of the contenders.