Distracting orange circle 'badge' top left (EN 6.12.1)

jd007

Idea

Hi, in latest release (6.12.1) there has suddenly appeared a bright orange circle in the top left with my first initial in it, like a badge or icon or logo.

This may seem a trivial complaint (the new list only view in Notebooks is another matter, ahem!), however I find it incredibly distracting, my eye keeps getting drawn to it. It seems completely out of whack with the cool green theme throughout Evernote. I don't know what was there before (that's how it should be, not noticeable), but the effect is so extreme that it is the first time after many years of using Evernote that I have felt strongly enough about a new feature to come here to complain. 

Please reconsider this, or give us the option to remove it. (I just looked at it again; man, it's just ugly, what's with that font choice that seems to have no thematic connection to anything elsewhere? .. ok I know, #1stworldproblems).

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 4.13.05 pm.jpg

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, jd007 said:

however I find it incredibly distracting, my eye keeps getting drawn to it. It seems completely out of whack with the cool green theme throughout Evernote. I don't know what was there before (that's how it should be, not noticeable),

I agree:  This orange icon is ugly and distracting.  In Ver 6.11.1 it looks like  this:

59b4ecdf48f97_2017-09-10_02-37-48(1).png.0a38c7d300a927d131380c71349dcea9.png

which is much better.  It is all we need.

ATTN: @Evernote ( @Chantal Leonard, @Johnathan Hebert, @Jason Miller )

Please revert this ugly icon back to what we had in Ver 6.11.1, or at the very least, make it changeable in the "customize toolbar".

Thanks.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, jd007 said:

Hi, in latest release (6.12.1) there has suddenly appeared a bright orange circle in the top left with my first initial in it, like a badge or icon or logo.

This is what I see  59b524f595b9d_ScreenShot2017-09-10at04_40_59.png.5bffe50be5b56298f4db26bee018c345.png

It's picking up the picture from your profile in Account Settings.  You can set it to something more appealing

14 hours ago, DTLow said:

It's picking up the picture from your profile in Account Settings.  You can set it to something more appealing

Right, so I need to change my profile pic to a flat grey disc or a black and white image to stop the visual distraction, hmm, ok will do that workaround.

Archived