Will data be saved locally?

gn8

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gn8 said:

Only this question.

Depends on your platform/device

Generally, Evernote is a cloud service; data is stored on the Evernote servers

• Win/Mac devices maintain a local full copy of the data.
    There is a Local Notebook feature so data is not uploaded to the server
    Window devices have a Demand Sync feature to reduce the size of the local copy
  • Mobile platforms have an Offline Notebook feature to maintain a local copy of data

>>And maybe where?

On Windows devices, the data is maintained in a single .exb file

On Mac devices, the data is maintained in a database folder, with sub folders for each note, and a database for the metadata
In v6.12, I get the folder location with Option-Key Help > Troubleshooting > Open Database Folder59b3e8e981ae0_ScreenShot2017-09-09at06_10_59.png.c0f343eb81fa338d64ceb9010626cecc.png

Thank you very much. I'm working on a MacBookPro (Sierra 10.12.6) and with Evernote 6.12.1 (455453) GE version. Very helpful! Will try to recreate the indexes first. Difficult to find out what file is the database. There are a lot of files and directories Library - Application Support - com.Evernote.evernote - accounts - www.evernote.com - 58881584 - 

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fj16pi995pddto/Screenshot 2017-09-10 08.29.41.png?dl=0>

Is there any idea how to find out what file is really the database? And are there any help-documents about how to handle?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, gn8 said:

Is there any idea how to find out what file is really the database?

The metadata is stored in database  file         LocalNoteStore.sqlite59b51e42ba302_ScreenShot2016-11-20at7_42_26AM.png.955452727a90d2b914cc32aef3ef0d19.png 
This contains reference tables, for example ZENNOTE contains the meta-data for each note (notebook, created date etc)

Each note is stored in a separate folder under folder           content
The notes content is stored in file content.enml which is basically html

>>And are there any help-documents about how to handle?

What are you trying to do?  Generally, users don't access their data at this level

Since ??? I got and get every synching the report that there are problems with 5 files. That were mails I forwarded to E for archiving. Months later I deleted these notes/mails. But the report didn't stop. I contacted support and reindexed how they told me to do but no success. And now I want to do something what really works. Plan to delete the local saved database and recreate them from cloud. Alternative: to delete Evernote from laptop and re-install later. Nevertheless I don't like to have all documents local, it wastes storage capacities.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, gn8 said:

Months later I deleted these notes/mails. But the report didn't stop.

The problem notes may be in your Trash.  They can be expunged by emptying the trash

>>Plan to delete the local saved database and recreate them from cloud.

For me, this would be the 1156250 folder.  Warning; the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync’d notes

Archived