Different color for broken links

CrispyCris

Idea

Hi.

I've seen there is a lot of requests for improving links and such but I guess it's not been easy to come up with a good way to implement them.

My suggestion/request will come as something I expect is at least a bit quicker of doing.

What about changing the color of broken links (internal) so we can recognize them at first glance? (without hovering or double clicking, etc) Maybe making it RED, which is a color well-known as "get people's attention because something's not right".

It may not sound as smart as some people would expect, but at least I think it would be helpful to know that the appointed link has a problem, and hopefully faster to release?

I see that EN already uses two different shades of green for links created on EN desktop and another for EN iOS (or was this distinction made for public vs private links?), also blue for external links.

So, what do you all think of this solution?

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Nice idea, question would be whether the juice would be worth the squeeze of EN validating links in notes each time the note is displayed.  Percent of errors found I guess being the measure.  That and how would this request stack up against some of the others in their backlog.

23 hours ago, csihilling said:

Nice idea, question would be whether the juice would be worth the squeeze of EN validating links in notes each time the note is displayed.  Percent of errors found I guess being the measure.  That and how would this request stack up against some of the others in their backlog.

Oh, that's true! I missed it completely. (the validation, I mean) orz

Archived