Native EPUB Support

Donpepe

Idea

I think that what you have going with PDFs is great but if a bit more functionality would be added to make it more like a kindle ereader it would go a long way. I could then toss all my ebooks into evernote and search for information in them, as well as, have my library with me everywhere i go. 

5 replies to this idea

Throwing my support on this. Currently I'm buying paper books, highlighting passages, then using the Document Camera to take pictures of the book pages. Native EPUB with highlighting (and commenting for premium?) would be wonderful. I could buy an ebook, and import straight into Evernote, an entire library at my fingertips. This would probably take up less room on my account/Evernote's servers than loading it up with a bunch of pictures, search would be faster too.

• Level 5*

Evernote's native format is enml/html.
It does a fine job of reading/editing this format.

Of course you can add any format file to a note as an attachment; including EPUB
External apps are required to read/edit these files.79756740_ScreenShot2019-02-11at16_18_48.png.7b328de417c26585fd89ae291785024b.png

11 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Evernote's native format is enml/html.
It does a fine job of reading/editing this format.

Of course you can add any format file to a note as an attachment; including EPUB
External apps are required to read/edit these files.

So, theoretically I could take an epub, convert to HTML, then import the chapters as individual notes?

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Kruger2147 said:

So, theoretically I could take an epub, convert to HTML, then import the chapters as individual notes?

I'm not enthused about converting formats.  Details get lost with the conversions.
I'm comfortable leaving the files in their native format.

Yes, you can convert the format to HTML
You can store the files in a note as attachments; or import so it becomes the note contents.

Archived