JusWrites

App crashes when I attempt to create a new book

Idea

10 replies to this idea

torgerson    23

Yes, it happens every time to me as well.  the bummer part is, I was just about to try switching back to Penultimate for my notes and this is blocking me.   I am curious on the commitment level to this app considering everything going on (or not) at Evernote.  I would love to keep all of my stuff in one place. 

JusWrites    0

Yes...I just realized that the app hasn’t been updated in over a year. Why would Evernote purchase an app if there is no intent to keep it updated? This app has a ton of potential.

Azrul    0

Yup, cannot create any new notebook at all. Evernote don't give a ***** about this app. It is still one of the best out there, but I am stuck with my existing 5 notebook.

I have:

• create new account
  • uninstall & reinstall
  • try deleting 1 notebook

Nothing works.

dharlow    0

I really hope they update it to fix this, but reading this forum makes me think the app is dead. I wonder what else folks are using?

In terms of getting around this for now. Go into Evernote and create a new Notebook and then drag a Penultimate document to it, next time you open Penultimate it should magically appear as a new Notebook there.

elsen    1

Same here,

Have you guys tried alternatives? Notability is ugly, nebo is ugly and does OCR for no reasons, Paper has the right UI but the detection is bad.

DTLow    2,238
3 hours ago, elsen said:

Have you guys tried alternatives? Notability is ugly

Notability is my choice for my iPad.
Not sure what you mean by "ugly".  I'm only using the editor, and saving the document to Evernote

dharlow    0

In terms of getting around this for now. Go into Evernote and create a new Notebook and then drag a Penultimate document to it, next time you open Penultimate it should magically appear as a new Notebook there.