PROBLEMS EDITING NOTES

Hello everyone, and thanks for your help.

I am at work and don't have the opportunity to read all the content of existing threads, so I apology if it is not the right place for this post ; thanks to the moderators to redirect it if needed.

Context : 

I discovered Evernote not so long ago, as I tryed to eliminate my many paper notes, in order to concentrate everything in a single place.

Evernote seems the very best option I found.

The problem I can't solve and don't know why : 

When I create new notes everything works perfectly, but when I try to edit ancient notes, sometimes, the buttons ''enter'' (to jump lines) and ''delete'' don't work, while everything else seems ok.

To erase a word, I can copy-paste something on it, but not simply by deleting it the normal way...

Any idea about that?

Thanks a lot for you're answers!

TECHNICAL DATAS :

It doesn't happen on every notes, sometimes it works and sometimes not.

The problem is the same on the web and on the android app.

My account is ''basic'' right now.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, knicolas161 said:

The problem is the same on the web and on the android app.

Hi.  Are you using a Mac device or a Windows PC for the web browser version - or is the web verson open on an Android tablet??

Beyond the fact that laptop keyboards work differently from some mobile device keyboards (ie the 'enter' key is mainly for a new line on Android,  not -usually- to select menu items) Evernote controls and taps/ keystrokes should work the same for existing notes as they do for new ones.

If you're having trouble with a mobile device I'd suggest you sync and exit Evernote,  then uninstall / restart / reinstall the app to see if that fixes the issue.

If you have a laptop,  you might consider using the installed software available from https://evernote.com/download (but don't use that at work - your notes,  including any personal ones,  will be saved on the work hard disk.)

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I use the android app with my phone.

For the browser version, I use google chrome on mac at the office, and even tried it on my pc (windows 10) at home.

The same thing happens on these three ways of consutling the notes, so probably we can exclude the hypothesis of a keyboard problem.

Still paying attention to your ideas,

N.

• knicolas161 changed the title to PROBLEMS EDITING NOTES

UPDATE : 

It actually seems that the texts that don't work are the texts I copied/pasted from other places (onenote, maybe microsoft word), and that the texts that work are the texts I directly wrote in Evernote...

Is there any solution that can help me use them without re-writing everything (there is a lot of them) in Evernote? 

Thanks ,

N.

• Level 5

When material is pasted into an Evernote note from some other source, unseen formatting codes often come along with it, and this can affect the behavior of Evernote's editing. A simple solution is to paste and match style (Ctrl+Shift+V), or, after the text has been pasted, use simplify formatting (Ctrl+Space) or remove all formatting (Ctrl+Shift+Space). However, this may result in the loss of some formatting that you wished to keep.

2 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

When material is pasted into an Evernote note from some other source, unseen formatting codes often come along with it, and this can affect the behavior of Evernote's editing. A simple solution is to paste and match style (Ctrl+Shift+V), or, after the text has been pasted, use simplify formatting (Ctrl+Space) or remove all formatting (Ctrl+Shift+Space). However, this may result in the loss of some formatting that you wished to keep.

Hello thank you for the help !

The Ctrl+Shift+V works well so I will re-copy the notes this way.

I don't have results with the formatting/reformating keys (maybe I don't use them correctly), but the first one gave me a solution.

Archived