Jump to content
  • 1
Chantal Leonard

Evernote for Windows 6.7 Beta 3 Released

Idea

Today we're releasing version 6.7 Beta 3 - you cadownload it here. This release includes improvements to the the editor including how it handles simplify formating along with updating the default font to the more modern and readable Segoe UI, along with a few UI improvements to the Share dialog (see screenshots below.) This is our final Beta before our 6.7 GA, so please let us know if you spot any issues we should be aware of before the release. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Windows and the Editor teams! 

--------------------

Full release notes for version 6.7: 

Evernote for Windows 6.7 Release Notes

Fixes and Improvements 

  1. Fixed paste + match style behavior where not all content was being pasted as expected
  2. Fixed an issue where local unsynced content disappears when the source notebook is no longer available
  3. Options dialog updates to use standard Windows control for tree navigation
  4. Focus is now set to title or content based on user preference regardless of how new notes are opened (previously only supported when a note is opened in a new window)
  5. Added information on the note editor version in the 'About' dialog to improve root causing of issues
  6. Fixed issue where wrong note is sometimes shown when launching presentation mode
  7. Fixed issue where nothing happens when users click Edit >> Delete option in Single Note View

-----------------------

Screenshots

Share button now visible by default in the note view

image.png.169b3353f3f7618d0fd54c5398efe0bc.png

See the list of users you've shared a note with directly from the share dialog and edit their permissions inline. 

image.png.655adbe3227750539fd7e640c5c9a289.png

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

39 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 1

Just want to point out this problem identified sometime back where attachments cover up cell drop down menu items is still an issue and requires attention please. 

ScreenClip.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1

Expected:
Ctrl-V paste should leave blank lines alone.
6.5.4.4720 (304720) Public
6.5.4.4720 (304720) Public

Actual:
Both Ctrl-V and Ctrl-Shift-V remove my blank lines.
6.6.4.5512 (305512) Public
6.6.4.5512 (305512) Public

6.7.3.5682 (305682) Prerelease (CE build ce-1.28.2184)
6.7.3.5682 (305682) Prerelease (CE build ce-1.28.2184)

Since version 6.6, there is no way I can retain that kind of formatting while pasting. I sometimes use blank lines to format in my language.

Edited by kttann
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Distortion of images when resizing is still an issue. Still hope to see the ability to select email addresses from a list when sharing a note. Otherwise I have not experience any problems in a short time of using this new version.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Ashish Chandra said:

Hi Chantal,

Given download link is down, I suppose. Unable to download/update using windows app. Kindly look into it.

Well, it is working for me. What error was it. Maybe it was caused by your firewall or internet connections?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
18 minutes ago, NoLife said:

Well, it is working for me. What error was it. Maybe it was caused by your firewall or internet connections?

While using link in this post, "The connection has timed out" error is there. & if we are using evernote app on windows, "unable to download" error is there. FYI, I'm on direct internet link without any firewall and all.

Is there any possibility of region wise block by evernote ?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 9/1/2017 at 5:02 PM, Chantal Leonard said:

Fixed paste + match style behavior where not all content was being pasted as expected

Ctrl-Shift-V seems to be working now, thanks.  Only text is pasted using the font where the paste occurs and any links in the source are maintained.  My definition of plain text or paste and match style anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
21 hours ago, Ashish Chandra said:

While using link in this post, "The connection has timed out" error is there. & if we are using evernote app on windows, "unable to download" error is there. FYI, I'm on direct internet link without any firewall and all.

Is there any possibility of region wise block by evernote ?

Well, I guess you would have to find support using the chat if you are premium or through twitter. Sorry that I am unable to help.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

This is still happening where the zoom percentages in the PDF Annotate window are accessed seemingly randomly, and there is no way to get 200% zoom, it only does 400% even though 400% isn't in the menu.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
5 hours ago, kttann said:

 

Since version 6.6, there is no way I can retain that kind of formatting while pasting. I sometimes use blank lines to format in my language.

Yup. Apparently it is still stripping carriage returns out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
5 minutes ago, EdH said:

Yup. Apparently it is still stripping carriage returns out.

Maybe stripping out paragraphs or the like?  Did a quick test in a note and pasted with carriage returns.  

ScreenClip.png.c7a56705c2adb3455d718c9370066360.png

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

 

40 分鐘前, csihilling說:

Maybe stripping out paragraphs or the like?  Did a quick test in a note and pasted with carriage returns.  

 
 

This is not the same test as mine. The issue I described above is copy-pasting between the external app (in this case Notepad) and Evernote client, which is a common use case I believe.

However, if I do a similar EN to EN copy-pasting test, it becomes even weirder.

Expected:
Ctrl-V Paste should generate identical text below the horizontal line.

Actual:
Please note the carriage return between '4' and '5'. It shouldn't be there.
6.7.3.5682 (305682) Prerelease (CE build ce -1.28.2184)
6.7.3.5682 (305682) Prerelease (CE build ce-1.28.2184)_EN2EN

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
21 minutes ago, kttann said:

This is not the same test as mine. The issue I described above is copy-pasting between the external app (in this case Notepad) and Evernote client, which is a common use case I believe.

Yeah, I get the same result when pasting from Notepad, CRs are stripped.  Maybe the weird case is because of the *** for the horizontal line?

Tried this with Word.  Word maintains the CRs, but adds a space on the lines that are CR only.  More weird.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, kttann said:

6.7.3.5682 (305682) Prerelease (CE build ce-1.28.2184)_EN2EN

What app(s) are you using to capture the screen and convert it to an animated gif?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, tavor said:

What app(s) are you using to capture the screen and convert it to an animated gif?

Not sure what he is using, but apps like Camtasia will create an MP4, and sites like https://ezgif.com/video-to-gif will convert MP4 to GIF for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, EdH said:

Not sure what he is using, but apps like Camtasia will create an MP4, and sites like https://ezgif.com/video-to-gif will convert MP4 to GIF for you.

 

46 minutes ago, NoLife said:

Snagit can record and save as gif also

Thanks. I've been using ScreencastOMatic, and the free version is good enough to record bugs, and it doesn't require installing the app. Snagit looks pretty cool, nice to be able to record and save as animated gif in one app.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 小時前, tavor說:

What app(s) are you using to capture the screen and convert it to an animated gif?

 

21 分鐘前, tavor說:

 

Thanks. I've been using ScreencastOMatic, and the free version is good enough to record bugs, and it doesn't require installing the app. Snagit looks pretty cool, nice to be able to record and save as animated gif in one app.

I use ScreenToGif.
http://www.screentogif.com/
https://github.com/NickeManarin/ScreenToGif/

Generated gifs are sometimes a little bit oversized. Especially when there is a 0.5MB upload size limit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
9 小時前, csihilling說:

Yeah, I get the same result when pasting from Notepad, CRs are stripped.  Maybe the weird case is because of the *** for the horizontal line?

Tried this with Word.  Word maintains the CRs, but adds a space on the lines that are CR only.  More weird.

2

I think you're right about it. There is something to do with inserting the horizontal line.
Please see the following test results.

Insert a line of text as the separator instead.
EN2EN_03.gif

I guess "inserting horizontal lines" inserts an extra invisible CR or something similar. Together with the copy-pasting behavior of current beta version, leads to the test results we have.
Hope this can give EN guys some clues about how to fix this issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, kttann said:

I guess "inserting horizontal lines" inserts an extra invisible CR or something similar.

Anything coming from Notepad, could well have "invisible" stuff since NotePad used CRLF (0x0D0A) rather than CR (0x0D) for new lines and perhaps EN treats this as two lines. Lots of things do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I have a table. One row has a light blue background. I change the background of one cell and the text retains the original background color. Normal?

 

Capture.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 9/3/2017 at 0:46 PM, NoLife said:

Well, I guess you would have to find support using the chat if you are premium or through twitter. Sorry that I am unable to help.

Issue sorted out by it's own today. Thanks anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, OrbWeaver said:

I have a table. One row has a light blue background. I change the background of one cell and the text retains the original background color. Normal?

 

Capture.JPG

Have seen the same behavior.  Have to change the color on the cell a couple of times to remedy.  Bug methinks.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@Chantal Leonard Compatibility with Web clipper for Chrome broken in latest Evernote Windows Release. 

Clipped a page from YouTube today. The resultant clip was total garbage. The optimization set ( auto to YouTube) does not work, and the clipped page when seen in Evernote is garbage.

Does someone have a similar problem? Or does the Web clipper have a bug? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

What about the looonnng white spaces (6 characters) in the left panel on each note?  Any willings to give users an option?

Some people complained this point in 6.6 release, but I have not seen any changes. 

Updated to 6.7 and reverted to 6.5, again.

Sad... 

ScreenClip2.png

ScreenClip.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
17 hours ago, Sugeeth Krishnamoorthy said:

@Chantal Leonard Compatibility with Web clipper for Chrome broken in latest Evernote Windows Release. 

Clipped a page from YouTube today. The resultant clip was total garbage. The optimization set ( auto to YouTube) does not work, and the clipped page when seen in Evernote is garbage.

Does someone have a similar problem? Or does the Web clipper have a bug? 

 

 

Youtube did a complete layout change just some days ago when they also changed their logo. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Glad to see the simplify text problems have been mostly fixed.

Any reason why the simply text function removes parts of text that the user specifically highlighted?  it didn't used to, and it also does not remove formats like underline and bold that the user puts in

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

The code snippet uses the font Monaco, which is not available on Windows. Please fix asap! 

For now, it defaults to your default note font, not another fixed-width font, which is also not ideal. 

Code snippet requests:

  1. Option to choose fixed-width font, size in settings (9pt is not ideal and I'd really like to change it)
  2. Support tabs when copy/paste, as well as a setting to set number of spaces for tabs in a code block
  3. Support code syntax with different colors (I know this is asking a lot but it would be really, really nice :) )

I don't store my code in Evernote because it's just not good at it. If it did just the first two of these things, I very well might move over from GitHub. Having to constantly push and pull my code between computers gets tiring, and Evernote would be amazing for snippet storage with a few tweaks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, chirmer said:

Code snippet requests:

  1. Option to choose fixed-width font, size in settings (9pt is not ideal and I'd really like to change it)
  2. Support tabs when copy/paste, as well as a setting to set number of spaces for tabs in a code block
  3. Support code syntax with different colors (I know this is asking a lot but it would be really, really nice :) )

Agreed on every point. I use DejaVu Sans Mono for code snippets and the current code block feature is completely useless as it is.

I wish that just for once EN would concentrate on fixing some bugs instead of doing half a job of introducing new features.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Merging notes with HTML can produce weird results.

  1. Create a new note with some text in it. doesn't matter.
  2. Clip this page in Chrome using EN clipper. Clip as an article.
  3. Merge settings are: Merge Notes with Header Separator, and all boxes are checked below that.

Now merge the notes 1 & 2 in that order. 

The text "Posted on January 28..." from the top of note 2 is now at the top tippity top of the merged note before the contents of note 1. And it make selecting text just about impossible.

I finally got it to work by restoring the notes from the trash, then doing all manner of unreproducable hackery of simplify formatting on note 2, then merging again.

EDIT: Forgot the URL of the page to cut in step 2. Now there.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Fun with checkboxes and bullet lists (AKA minor editing bug report)

  • Open a new note
  • Start a new bullet list (Ctrl+Shift+B)
  • Add a checkbox (Ctrl+Shift+C)
  • Go to the beginning of the line (Home)
  • Press Enter:
    • Expectation:  a new bullet item will be added below the current one, moving the checkbox to that line, and leaving the original bullet item empty
    • Result: the checkbox disappears, and no new bullet item is added
  • Add back the checkbox (Ctrl+Shift+C)
  • Add some text after the checkbox: 'Evernote'
  • Go to the beginning of the line (Home)
  • Press enter
    • Expectation:  a new bullet item will be added below the current one, moving the checkbox and text to that line, and leaving the original bullet item empty
    • Result: a new bullet item is added this time, the original item is empty, and the checkbox and text are moved to the new line, however, there is now an extra checkbox preceding the original checkbox and text; the editing cursor is now in between the two checkboxes

Slightly different, let's add links to the mix:

  • Open a new note
  • Start a new bullet list (Ctrl+Shift+B)
  • Add a checkbox (Ctrl+Shift+C)
  • Paste a link after the checkbox ('http://blablah/...')
  • Press enter to start a new item
  • New item is a bullet item with a checkbox
  • Start typing: Surprise: the new text takes on the link markings (blue w/underline), but it's not a link (this is the bug)
  • OK, go back to the original line with the link, go to the beginning of the line and delete the checkbox, then go to the end of the line
  • Press Enter to start a new line
  • New item is a bullet item (with no checkbox)
  • Start typing: The text retains the current style (this works)

Cheers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 9/7/2017 at 8:43 AM, chirmer said:

The code snippet uses the font Monaco, which is not available on Windows. Please fix asap! 

For now, it defaults to your default note font, not another fixed-width font, which is also not ideal. 

Code snippet requests:

  1. Option to choose fixed-width font, size in settings (9pt is not ideal and I'd really like to change it)
  2. Support tabs when copy/paste, as well as a setting to set number of spaces for tabs in a code block
  3. Support code syntax with different colors (I know this is asking a lot but it would be really, really nice :) )

I don't store my code in Evernote because it's just not good at it. If it did just the first two of these things, I very well might move over from GitHub. Having to constantly push and pull my code between computers gets tiring, and Evernote would be amazing for snippet storage with a few tweaks!

Thanks for the suggestions / request, I created a note bug to track and shared all the info with the Product Manager

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 9/7/2017 at 10:56 AM, EdH said:

Merging notes with HTML can produce weird results.

  1. Create a new note with some text in it. doesn't matter.
  2. Clip this page in Chrome using EN clipper. Clip as an article.
  3. Merge settings are: Merge Notes with Header Separator, and all boxes are checked below that.

Now merge the notes 1 & 2 in that order. 

The text "Posted on January 28..." from the top of note 2 is now at the top tippity top of the merged note before the contents of note 1. And it make selecting text just about impossible.

I finally got it to work by restoring the notes from the trash, then doing all manner of unreproducable hackery of simplify formatting on note 2, then merging again.

EDIT: Forgot the URL of the page to cut in step 2. Now there.

Thanks for the info and steps

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
23 hours ago, jefito said:

Fun with checkboxes and bullet lists (AKA minor editing bug report)

  • Open a new note
  • Start a new bullet list (Ctrl+Shift+B)
  • Add a checkbox (Ctrl+Shift+C)
  • Go to the beginning of the line (Home)
  • Press Enter:
    • Expectation:  a new bullet item will be added below the current one, moving the checkbox to that line, and leaving the original bullet item empty
    • Result: the checkbox disappears, and no new bullet item is added
  • Add back the checkbox (Ctrl+Shift+C)
  • Add some text after the checkbox: 'Evernote'
  • Go to the beginning of the line (Home)
  • Press enter
    • Expectation:  a new bullet item will be added below the current one, moving the checkbox and text to that line, and leaving the original bullet item empty
    • Result: a new bullet item is added this time, the original item is empty, and the checkbox and text are moved to the new line, however, there is now an extra checkbox preceding the original checkbox and text; the editing cursor is now in between the two checkboxes

Slightly different, let's add links to the mix:

  • Open a new note
  • Start a new bullet list (Ctrl+Shift+B)
  • Add a checkbox (Ctrl+Shift+C)
  • Paste a link after the checkbox ('http://blablah/...')
  • Press enter to start a new item
  • New item is a bullet item with a checkbox
  • Start typing: Surprise: the new text takes on the link markings (blue w/underline), but it's not a link (this is the bug)
  • OK, go back to the original line with the link, go to the beginning of the line and delete the checkbox, then go to the end of the line
  • Press Enter to start a new line
  • New item is a bullet item (with no checkbox)
  • Start typing: The text retains the current style (this works)

Cheers!

Thanks we have this bug filed 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Does the evernote team ever think about adding formula function ? It's lots of trouble as I have to go to a third application to edit a formula and then copy it into evernote.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Do you have "Undo" feature available? 

Why I can't find it? 

This is very important if I accidentally deleted something. Need to recover it back.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 9/11/2017 at 4:03 AM, westsamoa said:

Does the evernote team ever think about adding formula function ? It's lots of trouble as I have to go to a third application to edit a formula and then copy it into evernote.

Not at this time, meaning are tables only for layout of information, and do not have any type of data function (like sorting or formulas).  There are no current plans to change, mainly because there are so many awesome data tools out there - like google sheets, MS office,  etc.... ("awesome" my be subjective for some folks, sorry) 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 9/11/2017 at 10:10 AM, Marcus Lee said:

Do you have "Undo" feature available? 

Why I can't find it? 

This is very important if I accidentally deleted something. Need to recover it back.

Yes, it is "command+z" the window standard hot key or from the menu bar Edit -> Undo -  are you finding an instance where this doesn't work? 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, Jason Miller said:

"command+z" the window standard hot key

*cough* Ctrl+Z, mac...

:) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...